Communications & Marketing Manager
Location & Travel;
The role is based at the Badminton Asia's office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It will include some international travel.
This newly created position is primarily to develop, coordinate and manage Badminton Asia’s communications strategy and promotion of activities across all programme areas especially Badminton Asia’s major events including para-badminton and also any other activities that is organised by Badminton Asia. It is preferred that applicants have had experience in a similar role and have some badminton knowledge
Secretary-General / CEO
Qualifications and Attributes
- Experience in a communication role
- Experience in event organisation and delivery
- Experience with website management and maintenance; knowledge of word-press is an advantage
- Experience and a high level of competency working with social media in particular Facebook and Instagram as the candidate is expected to manage all Badminton Asia's social media.
- Fluent in English or Mandarin, with excellent command of the other language (written and spoken)
- Familiar with the sport and world of badminton
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- A natural ability to build rapport and develop strong relationships
- High level of computer skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to prioritize workload
- Has a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
- Produces and delivers quality results/outcomes on time
- Can use a range of presentation techniques to communicate information, ideas and concepts to groups
- Can make timely and sound decisions both individually and as part of a team
- Photography skills, experience in web-streaming and graphic design skills would be an advantage.
The preferred candidate should fit in well in a relaxed and dynamic work environment.
Required Format for Applications
- An email application or letter applying for the job with an indication of your current remuneration level and your expectations in terms of salary.
- A brief CV/resume of no more than four pages.