High Performance Manager Eventing
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced High Performance Manager for Equestrian Sports New Zealand (ESNZ) within the successful New Zealand Eventing Team. This role requires an accomplished and resilient leader who demonstrates great management skills, exceptional planning and clear communication practices. This role will be instrumental in facilitating an environment that enables for repeatable and sustainable success by kiwi riders in the international eventing scene and for attaining podium success at the upcoming World Equestrian Games in Tryon, USA 2018.
TITLE OF POSITION
- Equestrian Sports New Zealand (ESNZ) High Performance Manager -Eventing
- Appointment – 31 December 2018
- Likely 2 year renewal (to Tokyo 2020) for the right candidate subject to funding.
- ESNZ High Performance Director
- ESNZ High Performance Operations Manager
- ESNZ High Performance Administration (UK)
- High Performance Squad Riders
- High Performance Specialist Trainers
- Equine Health Team
- High Performance Selector(s)
- Performance Leader & Performance Development Coach
ESNZ EVENTING TEAM NEW ZEALAND MISSION
To operate a world-leading eventing high performance programme which produces repeatable and sustainable successes at Olympic and World Championships that both inspires kiwis and makes us proud.
PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
The High Performance Manager will play an integral part in the continued evolution of the highly successful New Zealand Eventing Team and is ability to consistently deliver podium success at major international competitions, World Championships and Olympic Games.
Ideally based in the United Kingdom, the Eventing High Performance Manager will be responsible for leadership and management of the NZ Eventing Team campaign programme supporting both the UK and NZ based high performance riders.
- Strong and respected leader who can influence and inspire results driven individuals
- Experienced in working within high performance environments within equestrian sport
- Knowledge of current top-level eventing preferred
- Proven ability to deliver success at championship level with knowledge or experience of the function of Team Manager or Chef d’Equipe at major events
- Skills and credibility to support and challenge high performance athletes
- Outstanding communicator with a collaborative style
- Ability to develop trust and respect from riders, owners and staff
- Ability to travel without restriction into and out of the UK and NZ
- Availability for international travel, training and competitions globally.
- Strong organisational skills – budget management and team leadership
Leadership / Management
- Design and deliver a campaign programme for high performance eventing combinations in both the UK and NZ which includes training, mentoring, schooling and competition support.
- Act as Team Manager or Chef d’Equipe for major eventing team competitions and championships, and advise on the planning of successful championship campaigns.
- Recruit, support and manage the NZ Eventing Support Team (Horse Health team, specialist trainers and other support services) and help support the ‘tight team’ around the high performance combinations
- Liaise closely with the high performance riders to develop an individualised performance plan (IPP), undertake regular target setting, monitoring and reporting of progress, with the aim of systematically improving performance.
- Work closely with the riders and their home teams to build strong, trusting relationships where together improvements can be made
- Where appropriate, attend competitions where riders are competing to monitor performance and support as required.
- Actively seek opportunities to link the NZ and UK programmes and develop high performance staff and riders
- Actively engage and contribute to other initiatives within the High Performance programme, including HorsePower, people development, development of High Performance Facilities and the Performance Programme and Communications.
- Planning and implementing the campaign programme at an operational level including co-ordinating and implementing team and individual training and competition support
- Working with High Performance Director and High Performance Operations/Administration to ensure that the campaign programme and operations are implemented optimally on the planning, budgeting communication and delivery fronts.
- Implementing and driving IPPs with the high performance riders and challenging those IPPs during campaign preparation
- Support the accurate development and tracking of budgets to support the high performance programme, campaign plans and IPPs
- Working with the High Performance Director to plan, coordinate and implement selection meetings, processes and selector scheduling
- Communicate and report against the plans as required
- Providing expertise into and ensuring connection the development of the performance pathway, developing riders and the performance programme to drive repeatable and sustainable success; and
- Contributes to the development of the ESNZ Eventing High Performance Strategy
Liaison and Communication
- Act as the liaison between ESNZ and High Performance Squad riders by maintaining regular contact with those riders in terms of their planning, progress and development and communicating ESNZ’s plans messaging as required;
- Assist with the development of Clean Sport; both Equine and Human and the promotion and implementation of WADA and FEI regulations and ethos
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team and generate trust, communication and interaction between selectors, coaches, staff, riders and owners.
- Ongoing communication with management and other support staff (eg Communications, Administration etc) to ensure optimal efficient support team
Please submit your application with a covering letter to ESNZ High Performance Operations Manager, Warrick Allan.
Applications close Monday 22nd May 2017 at 5:00pm.