World Series of Boxing (WSB) is a unique team boxing tournament where different franchises (the teams) compete in a league format. Each team is preparing the competition independently and has a national identity.
Our HQ is set in Lausanne, Switzerland as we are working closely with AIBA, the International Boxing Association. Currently in season VII and developing major reforms for the competition with a small and highly motivated team, we are looking for a Competition Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Competition Manager is responsible to develop and deliver the WSB competition.
- Manage competition process plans and follow-up
- Develop and manage the competition calendar
- Develop a work schedule for the execution of key areas and tasks for each competition/event, including contingency plans
- Manage various out-of-competition events (Draw, Boxers draft)
- On-site event coordination
- Ensure the implementation and enforcement of WSB Competition Rules, Contract and Regulations
- Review, analyse and recommend Technical and Competition Rules adaptations
- Guarantee the application of AIBA medical standard and ensure the compliance with WADA code
- Manage technical improvement and development of database and scoring system
- Competition statistics, result and report management
- Provide guidance to stakeholders and franchises on competitions related matters
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, in areas related to competition management.
- English proficiency. A 2nd language as French, German, Russian or Spanish is a plus.
- Technological awareness. Excellent IT and Database understanding.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Team spirit is key as well as dedication and passion for the sport.
- MS Office tools proficiency (Excel mainly)
- WSB HQ in the Maison du Sport International, Lausanne
- As soon as possible
If you are interested in this job and if you match the profile description, please send your application including resume and motivation letter via the provided 'Apply' button.
Please note that we will reply only to relevant application.