Sponsorship Executive, Cycling
|Location||To be decided|
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Commercial Sales & Sponsorship|
|Salary||Salary dependant upon experience|
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events management company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports (running, trail running, triathlon and cycling). In the meantime, OC Sport manages competitive teams and provides consultancy to brands, host venues and other events. Our offices in France, Switzerland, the UK, USA and China, form the OC Sport Group.
Launched in 2011, the Haute Route offers amateur riders the chance to ‘ride like a pro’ across the most iconic cols in the world (Dolomites, Pyrenees, Alps, Rockies, Ventoux). The Haute Route is a market leader and has an ambitious growth strategy over the next five years. See www.hauteroute.org
The Sponsorship Executive will work on OC Sport’s amateur cycling events portfolio. He/she will focus on the strong commercial development of the Haute Route. The successful candidate will gain extensive experience in all sponsor-related areas in an entrepreneurial and fast growing organisation. Last but not least, lots of fun and memorable times are guaranteed.
The role includes but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Lead generation by prospecting for new clients (sponsors, exhibitors, corporate packages, etc.)
- Conduct media and market research to support commercial activity
- Create, distribute and manage bespoke and exciting proposals (both content and design) and relevant support documentation
- Day-to-day assistance in administrative tasks (tracking sponsors activity, invoicing, meeting notes, database management, etc.)
- Meet with sponsor/partners or key agents on a regular basis when required
We are looking for the best Sponsorship Executive in the world. Among an incredible set of skills, the ones listed below are particularly relevant for the job:
- Fluency in English (either native or strong command) is mandatory, additional languages would be an asset (particularly French)
- Minimum of three years experience within sponsorship sales or business development within an agency, sponsor or rights holder
- Willingness to prospect new clients, create business opportunities and close deals
- Ability to prepare in a record time business proposals or documents (quotations, contracts, order forms, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills: ability to lead projects, motivate stakeholders and build sustainable relationships with sponsors
- Key skills: creativity, curiosity, precision, pro-activity, can-do attitude all wrapped into positive energy and a great sense of humour
- Strong reporting skills ie performance analysis, budget management and review of communication campaigns
- Excellent organisational skills and self-motivated personality
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, cope with event pressures, and manage time effectively
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of design software (Adobe suite) as well as CRM software would be beneficial
- Passion for cycling, interest in running and endurance sport in general
- Full Driving license is essential
- UK, EU or Swiss National
How to apply?
Your application MUST be in English and include a CV as well as a covering letter.
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports ranging from running, cycling, to more extreme sports including adventure racing and trail running.