Head of Sportcal Sponsorship
Sportcal is seeking an enthusiastic individual with proven experience in the sports sponsorship industry to oversee the successful functioning of the sponsorship research and intelligence team.
Sportcal has been at the forefront of sports market intelligence for more than 25 years with offices in London, Glasgow and Lausanne. We deliver unrivalled sports analysis and insight to our range of global clients, assisting them in better understanding and exploiting commercial pressures and market trends.
The Head of Sportcal Sponsorship will drive the growth of the sponsorship research products and services.
Sportcal Sponsorship provides data and intelligence on the sports sponsorship market to a varied, global client base. The Head of Sportcal Sponsorship must demonstrate an exceptional knowledge of the sponsorship market. Strong writing and editorial skills are important for the role, which will also involve analysing sponsorship markets and developments in the sector.
The successful candidate will co-ordinate between the research team and the news, sales and IT departments to ensure the maximum efficiency and productivity of the team and business.
The Head of Sportcal will be required to represent the company in meetings with clients and non-clients to improve or maintain business relationships, source information from the sports business market, raise awareness of Sportcal sponsorship research and gather feedback for the development of the section.
Research and Analysis:
- Research and analyse the latest news and developments in the sponsorship industry
- Create sponsor, property and market analysis
- Collaborate with colleagues to deliver high quality data and analysis for clients
- Help clients with queries regarding sponsorship rights
- Manage and perform checks on large data sets
- Assist in keeping the sponsorship content updated in the database
- Build and maintain industry relationships
- Coordinate bespoke projects for clients
- Produce market insight reports
Team Management and Strategy:
- Monitor, manage and improve work flow system
- Monitor and manage team work distribution and functionality
- Provide ideas for developing research products, oversee and encourage new developments
- Attend conferences and external meetings to develop relationships within the market
- Administrative support (in recruitment, team development and/or appraisals)
- Work on bespoke projects for clients and produce market insight reports
- Analyse sports data in the database to improve quality and quantity of information produced on the website as well as to develop ideas for analysis reports and/or bespoke research that could add value to the service
Experience and skills:
- 7-15 years previous experience in sponsorship industry
- Experience in secondary and primary research
- Exceptional understanding of the workings of the global sponsorship rights
- High quality editorial and reporting skills
- A knack for analysing data to discover new insights and stories
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely with senior management and clients
- Excellent time management, organisation skills and attention to detail
- Business management and strategic skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Coaching and mentoring abilities
To apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter via the provided link.