Data Manager (Sportcal)
Sportcal is seeking an enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in the global sports industry and an extensive knowledge of various sports to expand its research department.
Sportcal has been at the forefront of sports market intelligence for more than 25 years with offices in London, Glasgow and Lausanne. We deliver unrivalled sports analysis and insight to our range of global clients, assisting them in better understanding and exploiting commercial pressures and market trends.
The Sportcal Research and Intelligence department oversees all data and information required for the Calendar, Directory, Media, Sponsorship and Events sections on the Sportcal website.
The department is expanding and looking for a Data Manager to reinforce the delivery and maintenance of all data and information which are accessed by our clients to support their day-to-day business activities. We are looking out for a positive and enthusiastic individual to lead the data research team.
Reporting to the Head of Research and Intelligence, the Data Manager will ideally have four to eight years’ relevant work experience as well as strong project and team management capabilities.
The candidate must have a passion for data and share our love for sports.
- Quality control of data collection tasks and projects
- Monitoring and improving data entry procedures
- Setting standards for research and data gathering
- Ensuring data integrity
- Improving database tools and services
- Communicating with internal research and intelligence divisions for project requirements, analysis of data, and the development of processes
- Mentoring and supporting data team
Experience and skills:
- 4-8 years previous experience, ideally working with data
- Outstanding knowledge of sports
- Prior experience in team management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including formula writing, charting, pivot tables
- High level of attention to detail
- Clear, strategic thinker
- Logical and methodical
- Proactive and self-motivated
To apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter via the provided link.