Regional Club and Facilities Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations|
- Develop regional participation plans for clubs
- Manage campaigns designed to increase frequency of match play
- Support the introduction of a new entry level programme in clubs
- Support the development of local playing pitch strategies
- Manage investments in facilities development
- Manage a funding portfolio
- To provide support to cricket clubs to enable them to become and remain sustainable.
- To help cricket clubs to create a safe and welcoming environment.
- Communicate and demonstrate best practice
- To provide support to cricket clubs seeking to achieve Clubmark accreditation.
This role requires:
- Capacity to learn and adapt
- Understanding of the spirt of the game
- Excellent customer service skills
- Work effectively within a team
- An ability to lead
- Resilience and an ability to communicate difficult decisions
- Management of scale
- An eye for detail
- Outstanding project management skills
- Sound financial management
- Negotiation and communication skills
- A good understanding of facility development
- Contract management experience
This role is seen as critical to the development of a strong regional support network and the representation of the national strategy at a local level.
- Manage relationships with a number of Counties, their lead officers and their cricket clubs.
- Understanding of the need and benefits of creating a sustainable and welcoming cricket club.
- How to plan for the future in a business or club environment.
- Knowledge of the model of sustainability for cricket clubs.
- Working knowledge of the online Club Improvement System.
- Knowledge of external and internal funding options and other club support opportunities.
- Knowledge and experience of the requirements of running a cricket club.
- Knowledge of club accreditation purpose and processes.
- Ability to manage a large number of bespoke plans.
- An ability to aggregate common themes and strategize.
The role has a direct impact on business success by ensuring every league and club at whatever level understands the support the governing body provides and that they feel they are part of the cricket family.
The role holder is required to:
- Monitor trends in club development and respond to needs appropriately.
- Identify, develop and promote any local support for clubs.
- Identify additional resources or processes which may impact on participation and growth outcomes to the Regional Manager.
The role holder has responsibility for the aligning of programmes, offers, and the resources to support it at a regional and local level.
England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB)
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the governing body for all cricket in England and Wales. ECB provides support for the game far beyond the boundaries of just international and first class cricket.