|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Strategy & Research, Planning & Strategy|
The ECB is building a new strategy team which will work across all aspects of the ECB’s business to provide strategic support to the Board, CEO and Leadership Team. The strategy team will act as an “internal consultancy”.
As part of this, we are looking for a strategy manager to lead key strategy projects at the ECB, reporting to the Head of Strategy. The strategy manager will work closely with the Head of Strategy, the Director of Strategy, Policy and International and the Leadership team to set strategy and priorities for the ECB including reporting on delivery against strategic priorities for CEO and Board, providing analysis on future trends and leading key strategic projects.
- University level (Bachelor), minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent
- 2– 3 years of work experience in either top tier Strategy Consulting firm or internal strategy functions
- Demonstrable experience of utilising strategic analytical skills, including market situation/trend analyses, economic and P&L modelling and forecasting, scenario planning, go to market / roll out plans and operational feasibility assessments
- Track record of strategic development, implementation planning and project management, ideally across multiple industries and projects
- Strong and credible presentation skills, having presented to senior management levels
- International business experience an advantage
- A passion for cricket and sports in general. An understanding of the game and a clear interest in improving the running of the sport and performance in all forms and at all levels of the game
- Analytical rigor, strategic thinker, ability to evaluate business opportunities and ability to deconstruct business problems
- Advanced knowledge of analytical tools and frameworks, including issue identification, project structuring, data gathering and research, enabling end-to-end problem-solving
- Ability to create viable and realistic business plans and practical implementation strategies, outlining how propositions / initiatives would best be rolled-out by the organisation
- A creative, committed and resourceful team member who provides and is sought out for high-value opinions and recommendations but is not afraid to ‘get their hands dirty’
- Strong motivational and interpersonal skills and with the ability to mix easily, work effectively and establish relationships both internally and externally across all levels
- Excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to present his or her views in a precise and compelling manner, and the confidence and professionalism to represent the organisation with style and authority
A key part of this role will be providing and utilising market intelligence/research and data analysis, challenging current thinking/processes, and devising solutions to existing and new challenges as well as creating new policy and campaigns to be rolled nationally and internationally. This role will support strategic development across the organisation, requiring the holder of this role to work cross functionally with a range of internal and external stakeholders. This will include:
- providing research, insight, benchmarking, due diligence and analysis as directed by the Head of Strategy on strategic projects across the work of the ECB.
- contributing to strategic analysis and research to ensure that ECB’s Senior Management understands future trends and the changing market dynamics in sports, entertainment and media.
- strategic business planning and analysis to help set the ECB’s priorities and to monitor delivery against them.
- interacting effectively with external and internal stakeholders such as consultants, partners, members and governing bodies to learn about best-in-class thinking and maintain / accelerate the development of the ECB.
- Help with data analytics and financial modelling as required to support projects.
Impact & Influence
The Strategy team focuses on increasing the intellectual rigor and level of analysis behind the ECB’s existing operations and its plans for the future. It is a resource for other departments and supports / leads them in forward planning, thus creating a more long-term perspective in all business areas. The department also establishes links to external experts and other organisations that will help to accelerate the ECB’s development in strategically important areas.
The department performs a strategic role and as such does not have any day-to-day operational responsibilities unless such work is required by specific projects. The Strategy team is focussed on identifying and delivering change that will impact performance in the future.
England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB)
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the governing body for all cricket in England and Wales. ECB provides support for the game far beyond the boundaries of just international and first class cricket.