|Location||England, Middlesex, Twickenham|
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Business Development & Sales|
The RFU is looking for an experienced Communications Manager (Commercial) with demonstrable experience in corporate communications, partnerships and sponsorships to cover a maternity leave. This is an interim role for a maternity cover. The successful candidate will be part of the communications team working closely with the content team, Commercial Partnerships Managers and Executives as well as the Senior England Teams Media Manager and report into the Senior Communications Manager (Commercial). Based at their corporate offices in Twickenham, this is a very exciting opportunity to join a world renowned sporting organisation and help further enhance and expand their presence and influence. The role requires a highly competent individual with strong all round comms and stakeholder relations skills who has a drive for excellence.
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following skills and experience:
* Demonstrable experience of developing and driving proactive corporate and commercial communications programmes
* Experience of reputation management and overseeing corporate communications and public relations in an environment with a high level of public scrutiny.
* A strong understanding of big brands and the sponsorship approval process
* Excellent media relations experience across all channels including social media
* An ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders at all levels
* Experience of crisis communications and issues management
* Must live within commuting distance of Twickenham to allow for extended work hours on occasion during times of peak activity
* An ability to manage external agencies and juggle multiple projects
* An interest and understanding of rugby/ sport is desirable
Competitive salary, subject to experience, plus benefits
This role will commence July 2017 for approximately 9 months.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 26th February
Rugby Football Union (RFU)
The Rugby Football Union is the national governing body for grassroots and elite rugby in England, with 1,900 autonomous rugby clubs in its membership.The clubs are grouped within 35 Constituent Bodies (CBs), comprised of counties - some individual,