Technical Services Senior Manager (Infrastructure/Microsoft)
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||IT, Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
|Salary||Competitive, plus benefits and relocation support|
The Asian Indoor & Martial Arts Games (AIMAG) is a new multi-sport event, formed from the merger of the Asian Indoor Games and the Asian Martial Arts Games. Participants include athletes representing countries from Asia. The Games will take place in September 2017, with 62 NOC's participating across 21 sports.
Trivandi Chanzo Ltd (TCL) have been appointed as the operator for games planning and delivery for Ashgabat 2017. Individuals will be employed by TCL – global leaders in operational delivery for Sports and Major events.
The role of the Technical Services Senior Manager (Infrastructure/Microsoft) will be to serve as the technical authority across all aspects of the design, implementation and operation of IT systems required for the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games (5AIMAG). This will include functioning as the primary technical interface between Executive Committee (EC) Technology and the supplier(s) responsible for IT systems and services.
- Establish a close working relationship with key supplier(s) responsible for the provision and operation of IT systems, ensuring that solutions are securely implemented according to recommended vendor best practices and capable of achieving the defined service levels. These IT systems will include a hybrid Microsoft Office 365 corporate IT environment (or a completely on-premises alternative solution), a separate on-premises IT environment supporting Event Management Systems plus other cloud-based services.
- Validate/test supplier solution(s) prior to release into production by agreeing test strategies and plans in advance and witnessing or reviewing test results as necessary;
- Provide advice/guidance to supplier(s) where necessary to impart past experience and knowledge of delivering similar technical and operational services for major events;
- Primary point of contact to manage technical dependencies that supplier(s) have with EC Technology, for example, to address technical or operational decisions, to agree methods of technical integration between different suppliers and to own and progress technical changes for services such as the Domain Name System (DNS);
- Ensuring that suppliers establish and embed the detailed operational processes and procedures necessary to achieve service levels during both standard and critical operational periods;
- Manage and track the use of software licences and subscriptions ensuring optimum value for money;
- Key change management role for IT systems and services, responsible for technical review/approval of changes including consideration of the impact on end-users for systems being implemented or changed;
- Providing support and guidance to other members of EC Technology regarding the provision of IT products and services;
- Providing technical representation for EC Technology as necessary to key stakeholder groups, including Government Ministries and the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA);
- Taking a lead in the investigation and resolution of major incidents relating to IT services.
Knowledge & Experience
- Wide ranging technical knowledge and experience encompassing:
- Microsoft Enterprise solutions - Office 365, current Microsoft desktop and server operating systems, Active Directory, file and print services, SharePoint, DNS, DHCP, operations, configuration & deployment management
- IT Infrastructure - Server configuration and operation, virtualisation, PC hardware, backup and storage solutions, load-balancers, data centre networking, remote access
- Security Infrastructure - Host IDS/IPS, firewalls, proxy services, Active Directory & GPO, VPN, End-Point Security, PKI, identity and access management, security monitoring
- Past experience of delivering similar IT infrastructure projects and operations, ideally gained in similar major event or corporate roles and including migration projects
- Experience of large corporate IT infrastructures and the disciplines associated with service management in such environments, including change, incident and problem management
- Microsoft certifications recommended, e.g. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (or higher) for Office 365, server, messaging and desktop infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills with a collaborative approach and an ability to work effectively with people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
- Skilled in technical project management, risk management and technical assurance
- Quality assurance/compliance
Trivandi Chanzo Limited (TCL) is the Operational Delivery Partner for the 5th Asian Indoor & Martial Arts Games taking place in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan, in September 2017. TCL is a joint venture founded by two former Directors of the London 2012 Orga...