Senior Scientific Conditioning Coach
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching, Science & Medicine|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Medicine & Science, Sport & Exercise Science Services|
Reporting to the Scientific Conditioning Manager, the Senior Scientific Conditioning Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To develop and implement safe and effective training programmes for athletes;
- To act as case Manager to implement and enhance communication with other professionals in the same Center and other Centers to foster the program results;
- To manage the support to two Tier A sports;
- To act as a team leader to monitor and review the daily operation and productivity of the team;
- To provide professional supervision to the subordinates;
- To provide both local and overseas on-field support to elite sports teams;
- To keep abreast of the up-to-date theory and practice as well as implementing staff training; and
- To assist in planning and development of the Centers.
- A post-graduate degree in strength and conditioning, sports science or a relevant discipline;
- A minimum of 6 years’ relevant working experience;
- Holder of certified strength and conditioning specialist certification of a related qualification;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Chinese. Ability to speak Putonghua is a definite advantage;
- Proficient in MS-Word and Excel; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability using the 'apply now' button.
Please quote reference no. GS-20170208-SSCC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (HKSI)
The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results.