Logistics Assistant, Outdoor Events
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Events & Operations|
|Salary||800CHF per month|
Our Outdoor Events are a growing portfolio and include market leading cycling and running events. The Haute Route conceived in 2010, offers amateur riders the highest and toughest cyclosportives across the most iconic cols in the world (Rockies, Pyrenees, Alps and Dolomites), with additional compact events (Haute Route Alpes d’Huez & Haute Route Ventoux). The iconic Geneva Marathon for Unicef is one of the fastest growing marathons in Europe and is our flagship marathon event. We are also proud to organize The International Geneva Triathlon and Cycling for Children by UNICEF.
- Working with the team managers to schedule, create and order the production of event branding
- Supporting the team logistical arrangements including mapping for each venue
- Stock-taking and inventories in collaboration with other members of the team and management of the inventory database
- Management and monitoring of the stock of consumables to maintain adequate supplies
- Support the set up, transfers and the pack up of events, including loading and unloading containers on lorries and container kit during events
- Co-ordination of local support staff/runners
- Co-ordination of site branding set up
- Purchase of event equipment locally
- Working with event team during each event to deliver client/participant/guest experience to high level
- EU national, Swiss national or a work permit enabling you to work in Switzerland
- You must be fluent in English and French (verbal/written) and ideally Italian or German
- You must have a full clean driving licence
- International awareness, sensitivity to foreign cultures and sufficient etiquette and presence to liaise with high level sponsors
- Experience in logistics or event management would be an advantage
- Excellent analytical skills, comfortable with numbers and statistics
- A passion for sport is essential and knowledge or interest in outdoor events (cycling or running) a plus
- Great sense of humour which carries through under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills and self-motivated personality
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, cope with event pressures, and manage time effectively
- Able to take instruction and work well within a small and hard-working team
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and confident in networking and liaising effectively with both internal and external parties
- An understanding of the workings of a small, dynamic company and the need to work to tight time schedules and budgets
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office packages, ideally for Macs. Knowledge in Photoshop is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel (the Haute Route events entail over 3 weeks away from the office from mid August until early September)
- 01 April 2017 - 30 September 2017
- "Convention de stage" or formal agreement through your educational provider is mandatory
- You will be given a monthly allowance of 800 CHF (gross - before any deductions are taken for state and federal taxes, insurance etc)
- 10 working days holiday for a 6 month internship
- For internships of 3 months or more we will reimburse the full cost of a half fare CFF card. The card entitles you to a 50% discount on any swiss public transport (to qualify for a CFF card you must be living in Switzerland)
- Office hours are between 9.00am and 6.00pm, but during the events or busy periods, you may be expected to work evenings and weekends
- Travel, accommodation and subsistence are covered for approved business travel, in line with current company policies
How to Apply
Your application MUST be in English, include a CV/resume, detail which intern role you are applying for, confirm your nationality/work permit status and tell us a little bit about you:
- What’s the bravest thing you have ever done?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- What sports do you enjoy and/or clubs you are involved in?
Make sure you answer each of the questions shown above, either in writing or in a video, then simply email your application via the link provided.
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports ranging from running, cycling, to more extreme sports including adventure racing and trail running.