Soft Tissue Therapist (Self Employed Consultant)
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Medicine & Science|
Win the World Cups in 2022 and 2023 and sustained success thereafter.
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England Teams.
Provide world leading soft tissue therapy services to England Senior Men’s team on all international camps and tournaments, which looks to provide performance advantages through optimal ‘readiness’ and ‘availability’ of all players. Support all further performance services to the England team as an integral member of the multi-disciplinary team.
Key elements of the role will include:
- Delivery of world class soft tissue therapy services to the Senior England Men’s team. These will include pre training preparation treatments, post session recovery treatments and injury focused treatments when directed from the lead Men’s physiotherapist.
- Support the medical team in all injury prevention and pre training preparation strategies
- Support the medical team in the management of any on field emergencies at matches or training.
- Support the Physical Performance team all recovery and nutritional strategies
- Attend all multi-disciplinary team meetings and contribute to this collaborative process.
- Assist in the logistics of all medical and performance team equipment when on the road.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key behaviours;
- Collaborative Teamwork – A true team player, reinforcing the core values of The Football Association and working as a member of the multi-disciplinary team
- Outstanding Communication skills – An excellent communicator, who is able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills with internal staff and players, as well as external stakeholders. In addition displays behaviours to maintain and enhance good relationships which will develop The FA’s positive professional profile across the business and wider industry.
- Scope of Practice – You will work within your scope of practice and closely with the Lead Men’s physiotherapist and the Lead Men’s Doctor. You will keep exemplary and contemporaneous medical notes via our electronic medical notes system.
The successful candidate must fulfil the following criteria:
- Not currently working full time for a professional Football club
- Have extensive experience as a Soft tissue therapist in elite sport.
- Hold an up to date emergency first aid qualification (preferably IFAS or equivalent first aid qualification).
- Be a member of the SMA (or equivalent)
- Have a sport and remedial massage qualification to a minimum of Level 4
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of successfully providing soft tissue therapy at the highest level in professional sport
In addition, candidates would ideally need to possess the following:
- Experience in international sport
- Previous experience in international or club football
- Acupuncture qualifications
- Additional Soft Tissue Therapy post graduate qualifications
This is a part time self-employed consultant position only, working approximately 60 to 80 days per season. The initial contract is until 31st July 2017, with a potential for renewal.
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please get in touch.
To apply please follow the link below.
Please note that final assessment day will take place on Monday 27th February 2017.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.