Merchandise Trainee EMEA (m/f)
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Events & Operations|
A Wanda Sports Holdings company, IRONMAN operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, six of nine International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the UCI Velothon Majors Series, mountain bike races, premier marathons and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than 680,000 participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. The iconic IRONMAN®Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, IRONMAN has grown to become a global sensation with more than 260 events across 42 countries. For more information, visit www.ironman.com.
For our IRONMAN EMEA Headquarters based in Liederbach/Frankfurt in Germany we are actively looking for a highly motivated, fluent English speaking Merchandise Trainee EMEA.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and manage local staff at events
- Assist in set-up, break-down, provide support in managing the Official Ironman Merchandise store onsite as outlined by management.
- Manage database of Ironman Store (Point of Sale System/Microsoft Dynamics) and communicate with Product Team regarding any necessary changes (discounts, inventory, price adjustments, barcode issues, etc.).
- Track and ensure all products that ship to each event arrive on-time and communicate any missing products, missing boxes and any other errors with the product team/planning team.
- Respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, and handle difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Help onsite manager to coordinate with operations team/country offices/ race directors to ensure efficient set-up/breakdown, and to share all event logistical details concerning merchandise.
- Work with merchandise planning team/product team to measure success of product, design and to apply this information forward.
- Work on other projects as assigned by management.
- Extensive travel to events in EMEA including working over weekends and holidays.
- Assist in inventory reconciliation during events and for stock being received into the merchandise warehouse.
- Plan and coordinate any shipments being sent to events in advance with the local warehouse team
- Offer support in office roles such as logistical and stock organizational tasks; as advised by management.
Competencies Required: Knowledge/Experiences/Skills:
- Fluent in English. German and French is a plus.
- Retail experience is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to gain the trust of customers
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers.
- Knowledge of the sport of triathlon a plus, but not a requirement.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including your salary expectations and starting date.
Are you interested? Please apply via the 'apply now' button with your resume and letter of application.
Please quote “Merchandise Event Trainee” in the subject line
IRONMAN Limited are the organisers of IRONMAN events in the UK and Ireland.