4 days left
- Full Time
SportsPro, the leading sports business media company in print, digital and events, is recruiting a full-time Operations Manager to join the team at its headquarters in London.
SportsPro Media, founded in 2008, providing high-level content on the commercial, political and organisational aspects of global professional sport, across a variety of media platforms. Its acclaimed magazine, available in print and digital, offers expert commentary and opinion, and is established as the industry leader for high-level profiles, features and in-depth interviews.
SportsPro’s website, www.sportspromedia.com is an unrivalled source of up-to-the-minute news, deals and insight, whilst its news app and daily deal service have become key media platforms our global audience base, reaching over 1.2 Million people annually.
In 2014, SportsPro successfully launched its events business, now hosting over 1,300 senior level delegates annually across the portfolio, including its flagship conference, SportsPro Live. It’s events range in size from 20 to 800 attendees, and provide a platform of knowledge sharing and networking for industry leaders. Topics include sponsorship and marketing, finance and governance, broadcasting and digital, and much more.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic, passionate and highly motivated team player to join and manage the operations of our business.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for much of SportsPro’s output across its platforms, including distribution across our print and digital platforms, involvement with events delivery on our conferences, the creation and distribution of marketing, and will be ultimately responsible for the
delivery of all client sponsorships, advertising and partnerships.
We are a small team and very passionate about the sports industry. The team member will be thrown challenges and roles from editorial, sales, marketing and management, and must be able to react and deliver first class operational success no matter the challenge.
Key Roles and Skills:
- Operational support for SportsPro’s conferences, networking receptions and third party presence
- The distribution of SportsPro magazine, to subscribers and events
- The management of the data and CRM
- Marketing content production
- Account management for clients
- Digital distribution of content, across email, social media and website
- Digital marketing by using the CMS to create new entries and updates to the Supplier Directory and SEO content
- Working with internal and external suppliers, developers, accounts, freight carriers, venues, etc
- Administration and research
The successful applicant will have:
- A desire to work in media and publishing
- A desire to work on industry conferences and events
- Previous operations experience within an events and/or media environment
- Positive work ethic, can-do attitude, and plenty of initiative and willingness to learn
- Excellent telephone etiquette and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team but also proactive and willing to take on increasing responsibilities
- Superb Microsoft office skills expected
- Previous experience in marketing production favourable
- Interest in the sports sector and desire to actively engage with this audience
This is an opportunity to gain an outstanding range of experience at a young, dynamic and growing business that would suit someone looking to continue their development in operations, marketing and/or events.
The role will be based in London, working standard Monday to Friday office hours.
About Henley Media Group
Sportspro is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply, please send a CV, covering letter and a short example of a piece of written work via the APPLY button or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.