Intern, Marketing - Athlete Development
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
A Wanda Sports Holdings company, IRONMAN operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN 70.3 Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, Iron Girl, IRONKIDS, six of nine International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the UCI Velothon Majors Series, mountain bike races, premier marathons and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than 680,000 participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. The iconic IRONMAN Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, IRONMAN has grown to become a global sensation with more than 260 events across 42 countries. IRONMAN’s mission is to provide life-changing race experiences for athletes of all levels, from their first step to the finish line. For more information, visit www.ironman.com
For the IRONMAN EMEA Headquarters in Liederbach am Taunus (near Frankfurt) we are actively looking for a highly motivated and energetic.
Within the six-month internship (ideal staring April) the candidate will get to know an international company organizing sports events globally with focus on Marketing and Customer Relationship. The intern will support the planning and implementation of the IRONMAN athlete development and retention programs including the IRONMAN TriClub Program and the IRONMAN All World Athlete Program within the EMEA Region.
- Support the IRONMAN EMEA TriClub Program including:
- Day to day administration of the program
- Support Social Media (facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Communication with several EMEA in market operations and marketing staff
- Onsite execution of the program at EMEA TriClub Championship Series events
- Administrative work for IRONMAN All World Athlete Program including
- manage and merge Athlete profiles
- support Email communication with Athletes
- organize and implement onsite AWA benefits together with local team
- Assist with Documentation of IRONMAN Athlete Development Activities
- Good oral and written communication skills (Fluent in English required, German, French or other language preferred)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator) a plus
- Knowledge and interest in the sport of triathlon
- Reliability, Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Student marketing, sports business, communication, or related fields preferred
- travel during the race season required
You are interested? Please apply via our online form
IRONMAN Limited are the organisers of IRONMAN events in the UK and Ireland.