|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Marketing & Communications, Agency, PR & Communications, Agency, PR & Marketing|
Wasserman is a sports, entertainment, marketing and management company with expertise in marketing consulting, experiential marketing, athlete management and commercial partnerships.
The Wasserman Football division proudly represents hundreds of top football and boxing talent around the world, supporting their career, business and brand opportunities on a global scale. Built on integrity and a relentless pursuit of pushing what's possible for our clients, our expert team provides a full suite of services including negotiation, strategic partnerships, brand positioning, social Influence and career transitions.
This role is responsible for providing PR & commercial support to the partners and families of clients within Global Football. Reports SVP, PR & Athlete Marketing and ultimately, the COO of Global Football.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in general client management services including providing PR, commercial and social media support to the partners and families of Global Football clients.
- Source sponsorship opportunities where appropriate for clients.
- Create, develop and execute PR & commercial strategies for clients including developing and implementing PR campaigns in women’s, lifestyle and mainstream media channels.
- Build existing and develop new strong journalist relationships within the women’s lifestyle, celebrity and entertainment media.
- Build existing and develop new Wasserman brand & agency relationships specifically aimed at growing the all-round company offering to clients and their families.
- Attend and manage client appearances where required.
- Build and develop external relationships and proactively source opportunities with key stakeholders. These include but are not limited to: brand opportunities, film premiere invitations, event launches, personal shopping relationships/opportunities, high-end restaurant and nightclub liaison, holiday resort partnerships.
- Conduct research on competitive marketing activity to assist in strategy.
- Assist where required in press release writing and distribution for clients
- Provide social media management support where required for clients, including looking to source new digital monetization opportunities where possible.
- Provide all round general support where necessary to SVP, PR & Athlete Marketing and the Global Football division.
- Performs other duties as required by the role to assist in the team efforts.
The above forms the main areas of responsibility for this role, but it is not exhaustive and it should be noted that duties may change over time, so the need for flexibility is key and the job-holder will be expected to co-operate with reasonable changes as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in PR and/or marketing.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum three years’ experience in lifestyle and entertainment public relations or marketing, either in-house or within an agency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010, Filemaker, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Ability to synthesize keys points of information into a coherent message.
- Articulate with excellent communication and diplomacy skills.
- Professional, proactive work ethic and demeanour; both detail-oriented and goal-oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a flexible manner within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a small team, demonstrate initiative, and problem solve.
- A creative thinker who is able to produce original ideas by thinking both laterally and literally.
- Proven networker with key industry connections.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective long term working relationships.
- Enjoy helping others and supporting the development of their ideas.
- Discreet with experience of dealing with high profile clients and handling sensitive information.
WASSERMAN is a full service, culture-centric agency built to serve the best talent, brands and properties in the world. We are united by our passion and belief in the power of culture.