Venue Operations Coordinator
|Location||England, Middlesex, Twickenham|
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations|
The role of the Venue Operations Coordinator is to establish and ensure the effective provision of security for the RFU, Twickenham Stadium, estate and offices.
This role requires the individual to respond to all requests for security services, operate systems and maintain accurate logs and reports, follow processes and procedures and generally assure the security, safety and welfare of all staff and visitors.
The role is based at the Twickenham Stadium complex and works as part of a team that operates on a rota covering both days and nights. The shift Rota requires 12 hour shifts to be performed from 07:00 to 19:00 and from 19:00 to 07:00.
The stadium has a spectator capacity of 82,000 and the complex includes a 156 bedroom Marriott Hotel, a Virgin Active leisure club, conference and banqueting facilities, a performing arts centre, a rugby store and office accommodation, making the stadium a 365 day a year business.
Every member of the Venue Operations team is entrusted to perform their duties within the ethos of the RFU values, incorporating teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship. Role specific tasks will include;
· Providing first class customer service
· Greeting and directing visitors, contractors and staff
· Controlling and recording vehicular and pedestrian entry and exit
· Conducting site patrols as directed
· Maintaining the secure integrity of the venue
· Issue and return of keys
· Monitoring of the CCTV system
· First line response to incidents and emergencies
· Conduct initial investigations
· Report writing
· Provide security to corporate events
· Working as part of event day and or setup and breakdown teams as required, Rota dependent.
· Reporting on Health & Safety and or facility maintenance issues.
· Produce Staff and visitor passes
· Actively collaborate with colleagues to contribute to the development and delivery of Venue Operations strategic, business and operational plans
· Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of the RFU at all times, including the promotion of the RFU Core Values
· Undertake such other duties as maybe required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the RFU
Preferable Qualifications and Experience:
· SIA door supervisor
· First aid qualified
· Full driving license
· Previous security experience in a customer facing environment.
· Experience working in a control room and able to operate access control systems
Skills and Personal Attributes:
· Passionate about delivering a great customer experience to internal and external stakeholders
· Excellent communication at a variety of levels
· Pride in appearance
· Good written and IT skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· Able to work on own initiative, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
· Self-motivated, reliable and conscientious
· Team player
· Stamina and perseverance
The Venue Operations Coordinator role within the Venue Operations team demands high standards and professional integrity in every duty performed. An attention to detail and the capacity to 'go the extra mile' is expected from every team member. The desire to proactively improve for the benefit of the team and personal development is essential.
Closing Date 20th January 2017.
Rugby Football Union (RFU)
The Rugby Football Union is the national governing body for grassroots and elite rugby in England, with 1,900 autonomous rugby clubs in its membership.The clubs are grouped within 35 Constituent Bodies (CBs), comprised of counties - some individual,