Business Development Manager
The Sport and Recreation Alliance is recognised as the independent voice of the sport and recreation sector. We represent around 320 members – organisations as diverse as The FA, the Rugby Football Union, the Lawn Tennis Association, the Ramblers’ Association and National Association of Teachers of Dancing.
The Alliance also champions the power of physical activity to bring about social change in areas as diverse as disability, mental health and youth offending as well the economic benefit of a more active nation.
The Business Development Manager’s (“BDM”) overall purpose is to develop commercial partnerships and increase the Alliance’s commercial income.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services and Business Development, the BDM will define our long-term income generation strategy, build key customer relationships, identify commercial opportunities, negotiate and close business deals, and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Working to develop and expand relationships with existing commercial partners as well as identifying and securing new partners, the successful candidate will ensure a strong pipeline of revenues coming in to the Alliance.
THE RIGHT PERSON
You will bring:
- A proven track record of researching, identifying and closing new business through consultative sales approaches
- An understanding of B2B and B2C partnership sales approaches to generate commercial income
- Experience of event/conference sponsorship sales
- Ability to retain and expand existing relationships
- Identifying opportunities for new services/products
- Enthusiasm for working in a small team and for building supportive and collaborative relationships.