Manager Financial Planning & Analysis (m/f)
|Location||Liederbach am Taunus, Germany|
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching, Leisure & Health|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
A Wanda Sports Holdings company, IRONMAN operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, six of nine International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the UCI Velothon Majors Series, mountain bike races, premier marathons and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than 680,000 participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. The iconic IRONMAN®Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, IRONMAN has grown to become a global sensation with more than 260 events across 42 countries. For more information, visit www.ironman.com.
For our European Headquarters in Liederbach am Taunus (near Frankfurt) we are actively looking for a highly motivated Manager Financial Planning & Analysis (m/f) in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
The Manager of FP&A is responsible for all event budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and KPI metrics. Must have the capability in providing support and creating a business partnering atmosphere with all departments in providing financial support. In addition, the Financial Analyst will be required to learn and understand the financial operations of all EMEA events.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely together with individual race directors and regional directors to review race metrics
- Understand race processes and work together with the individual race directors on analyzing planning procedures, processes and profitability around the individual events
- Analyze current and past trends in key race performance indicators
- Monthly preparation of correcting journal entries, accruals, analysis and explanations of budget and forecast variances, and account analyses
- Tracking of external and internal budgets/ forecasts
- Assist the EMEA race directors in preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Prepare monthly reports to the EMEA CFO as well as the EMEA leadership group
- Produce ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Assist with the development of financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives
- Ensure compliance of accounting and operations policies according to WTC guidelines, US GAAP and IFRS
- Occasional travel to individual offices in EMEA
Education and work experience:
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant experience in a FP&A role with an international company
- Proven track record in a previous FP&A role that includes monthly financial reporting
Skills and knowledge:
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be extremely diligent about working with international colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work in a fast paced unstructured environment
- Ability to manage diversity in job responsibilities with precision and accuracy in work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated experience in analyzing problems and identifying solutions
- Must be hands on, able to multi-task and show proper level of time management
- Must present ability to be team player and work within all departments in a professional manner
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German. French or Spanish language skills desirable, but not compulsory.
- Excellent skills in MS Office and Finance applications.
A contract will be made on the basis of a full time employment. We are looking forward to receiving your application including your salary expectations and your notice period.
Are you interested? Please click apply.
IRONMAN Limited are the organisers of IRONMAN events in the UK and Ireland.