To lead the strategic sourcing, contracting and procurement function in support of the Event Production team in the Asia Pacific.
- Implement, manage and execute the strategic sourcing process in support of WME | IMG Event Production to include building a knowledge in the operation of sporting, concert, mass participation events and develop expertise in indirect sourcing categories;
- Build relationships with key stakeholders at the senior and junior level to understand business requirements, strategy, challenges and opportunities;
- Work closely with stakeholders to analyse spend data, identify sourcing opportunities and lead cross-functional teams to develop and successfully complete RFP process;
- Establish clearly defined sourcing processes and best practices;
- Assist with supplier negotiations and partner with Legal, Tax, HR and the business owner in contracting process;
- Evaluate existing contracts and vendors;
- Assist business managers in vendor management and any conflict resolution and
- Travel within the Asia Pacific (20%).
Abilities and Key Competencies
- Strong problem solving skills, innovative;
- Strong people skills;
- Strong oral/written communication skills;
- Ability to interface with all levels of management internally and externally;
- Can handle fast paced high-energy environment;
- Flexible to take on any new challenge, assertive;
- Project management & strong organizational skills;
- Creative thinking skills;
- Contract management and RFP (Request for Proposal) experience necessary;
- Ability to concurrently manage and prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to adapt to various software and database programs;
- Must possess strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and Power Point, Outlook & Calendar, Access and other related programs and
- Strong business math and analytical skills.
Education & Experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area;
- Familiar with a variety of the strategic sourcing concepts, practices, and procedures;
- Previous experience in the implementation and ongoing management of Procure-to-Pay process a plus and
- Written and spoken English essential. Written and spoken Chinese (Mandarin) desirable.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Should be comfortable working in a tropical climate outdoors for a reasonable period of time and
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays when required
- Requires a background check upon offer and
- Requires a drug check upon offer