Regulatory Veterinary Officer
|Sector||Clubs & Teams|
|Function||Medicine & Science|
A world-class horse racing operator and one of the world’s largest charity contributors, donating a record HK$3.9 billion in 2015/16. A major taxpayer, Hong Kong's largest by far, generating HK$20.9 billion in 2015/16 for public funds. A pioneer in technology, striving for the highest levels of customer service. A membership club, recognised as one of Asia’s most prestigious. Above all an organisation dedicated to the overall betterment of Hong Kong. This is The Hong Kong Jockey Club, a truly remarkable organisation offering you a rewarding career with unparalleled prospects for growth and development. CTC Regulatory Veterinary Officer.
About Conghua Thoroughbred Training Centre
The Conghua Thoroughbred Training Centre (“CTC”) is a major strategic project of The Hong Kong Jockey Club (HKJC) as a cross-border home of HKJC’s stabling, training and racing facilities to support Hong Kong racing operations.
We are looking for a Conghua based Regulatory Veterinary Officer as a key support to ensure the biosecurity of CTC and the safety and welfare of racehorses at CTC and during cross-border movement.
- Operate as a liaison between PRC government regulatory authorities and the Club, especially with respect to the movement of horses between Conghua and Hong Kong and the maintenance of the equine health status at CTC within the Equine Disease Free Zone (EDFZ)
- Support the development/implementation of Equine Infectious Disease Surveillance Programs at the CTC
- Provide support to plan and execute all regulatory activities related to CTC equine biosecurity systems
- Implement, monitor and enforce the Club’s medical and doping control systems at CTC
- Review racehorses’ veterinary histories and track work records and perform pre-race veterinary inspections for suitability to race
- Officiate at barrier trials and perform official veterinary examinations
- Supervise the collection of official samples from racehorses
- Undertake epidemiological analysis of equine health and injury related information
- Perform any other veterinary regulatory function as required by the Club
You should have:
- A degree in Veterinary Science eligible for registration as a veterinary surgeon in HKSAR or the PRC
- Good understanding of the racing industry and the role of veterinary regulation in maintaining racing integrity and safeguard horse welfare
- Experience or strong interest in racetrack/sport-horse equine veterinary science and equine infectious disease and epidemiology or, a willingness and aptitude for training in these fields
- Experience or strong interest in the management and control of prohibited substances and medication in horse racing, and the management of the veterinary suitability to race
- A demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with government veterinary officers
- Unquestionable integrity
- Good communication skill (English and Chinese)
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
Closing date for applications is 20 Jan 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
How to apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to:
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Hong Kong Jockey Club
A world leading horse racing organisation. A truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.