Director, Athlete Marketing
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Business Development & Sales|
Wasserman is a sports, entertainment, marketing and management company with expertise in media rights, marketing consulting & experiential marketing, athlete management and commercial partnerships.
The Golf division proudly represents top golfing talent around the world such as Jason Day, Rickie Fowler, Andy Sullivan and Bernd Wiesberger, supporting their career, business and brand opportunities on a global scale. Built on integrity and a relentless pursuit of pushing what's possible for our clients, our expert team provides a full suite of services including negotiation, strategic partnerships, brand positioning, social Influence and career transitions.
Department: Golf, EMEA
Reports to: EVP, Golf
Job Purpose: The Director of Athlete Marketing position will be to secure new commercial partnerships for athletes we represent and to help maximise the organisation’s commercial revenue.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Developing leads, securing meetings and building relationships with prospective partners at senior levels through outbound approaches, existing relationships and generally building an industry network and profile
- Undertaking desk based research into potential partnership categories and other revenue generating business models
- Management and evolution of a leads and opportunities customer relationship management system. Maintaining accurate records of all sales and business development contacts and activities
- Building a Business Case – Development of the partnership narrative incorporating core belief/purpose, unique selling point and commercial assets and properties to help secure new commercial partners.
- Development of bespoke and tailored partnership proposals and presentations to suit the needs of individual companies
- Contractual Process – Closing partnership deals including negotiation of commercial terms and working alongside Wasserman’s legal team to conclude contractual agreements.
The above forms the main areas of responsibility for this role, but it is not exhaustive and it should be noted that duties may change over time, so the need for flexibility is key and the job-holder will be expected to co-operate with reasonable changes as required.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent, preferably in a relevant academic discipline.
- Good knowledge and understanding of golf, sponsorship and sports marketing industry
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of building valuable commercial relationships and the ability to influence and sell at a senior level.
- Significant experience of sourcing and closing commercial deals and overseeing a transactional process.
- Proven track record in the utilisation of a CRM system to help deliver against specific business objectives.
- High commercial acumen with a transferable skill set that can be applied to the sports business industry.
- Passion, energy and drive with a results oriented approach.
- First class relationship builder.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Organised and process driven.
- Financially literate.
Please send covering letter with your CV attached.
WASSERMAN is a full service, culture-centric agency built to serve the best talent, brands and properties in the world. We are united by our passion and belief in the power of culture.