Digital Performance Executive, Outdoor Events
|Location||London (Central), London (Greater)|
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
|Salary||Salary dependant on experience|
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and event management company specialising in professional sailing, outdoor events, managing competitive teams and athletes, and providing consultancy to brands, host venues and other events. Our offices in the UK, France, Switzerland, USA and China, form the OC Sport Group.
Launched in 2011, the Haute Route offers amateur riders the chance to ‘ride like a pro’ across the most iconic cols in the world (Dolomites Swiss Alps, Pyrenees, Alps, Rockies & Ventoux), with additional compact events. The Haute Route is a market leader and has an ambitious growth strategy over the next five years. Please see www.hauteroute.org
Other Outdoor Events include the Geneva Marathon, Nice-Cannes Marathon and the recently acquired Geneva Triathlon.
OC Sport requires a highly analytical & driven digital marketer to help drive participation numbers across the range of their outdoor events. The Digital Performance Executive’s role is to manage and execute the digital marketing strategy across all online marketing activity including social media, email, display, affiliate, and SEO activity. With an increasing focus on paid for social media activity, the role requires particular proficiency in this area. He/she will aim to increase customer loyalty and retention, while reaching a new and wider audience and converting them to participants.
The role will report directly to the Commercial Marketing Manager, for all cycling activities, and to the Outdoor Events Director, for all non-cycling activities. The role will also work closely with the Haute Route Project Director and the wider marketing and media team.
- Create, manage and optimise online ad campaigns for all markets across our growing portfolio of outdoor events
- Help optimise all un-paid content distribution.
- Help manage the annual digital marketing budget
- Ensure that all campaigns are thoroughly and accurately tracked and reported
- Reviewing ROI and trends to direct future activities
- Help guide content creation, providing detailed briefing to marketing/design team for required artwork and ensuring at all times that digital and general marketing plans are aligned
- Managing and growing all SEO and natural search activity working with support from our web development and content creation teams.
- Optimise the performance of our email marketing campaigns
- 2-5 years experience in a results driven multi-channel marketing environment
- Experience of managing budgets, promotional spending and external suppliers/partners
- In-depth knowledge of all digital marketing disciplines, channels and platforms
- Strong understanding of online KPIs, conversion funnel analysis, controlling performance and ROI
- Well honed analytical skills with a strong working knowledge of Google Analytics & Excel
- Ability to think strategically and a focus on results delivery
- Experience of managing Facebook ad campaigns preferable using the Power Editor or similar pro level suites.
- Good understanding of the principles of SEO
- Must be a UK or EU national
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines, cope with event pressures, and manage their own time effectively, who can take instruction and work well within a small and hard-working team
- A self-starting personality that’s comfortable working autonomously
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- An enthusiasm for travel and attendance at events throughout the year as required
- A love of sport and outdoor events is desirable.
How to apply?
Your application MUST be in English and include a CV as well as a covering letter.
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports ranging from running, cycling, to more extreme sports including adventure racing and trail running.