International Media Executive
|Sector||Clubs & Teams|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Events & Operations, Content & Media, Media Operations|
Established in 1884, Leicester City Football Club is a recognised and leading Football Club, achieving outstanding success as the current Premier League champions. Following a period of growth, Leicester City Football Club is looking to recruit an International Media Executive, based at King Power Stadium to establish and develop relationships between the Club and both new and existing international media partners to help grow the Club’s global profile.
Reporting to the Club’s Head of Media, the successful candidate will be required to establish and maintain strong, professional relationships between the club and relevant international media contacts, with particular focus on Thailand and the Club’s other key target territories.
The main elements of the role are outlined below:
- To effectively and efficiently work with the media and marketing teams at King Power International to ensure delivery of their LCFC media-specific requirements.
- To develop a regular stream of LCFC content for a Thai audience that will adequately populate the Thai-specific LCFC platforms managed by King Power’s media and marketing teams – both adapting existing content for a Thai audience and exploring specific, targeted content that will be used exclusively in Thailand.
- To explore opportunities for the Club to penetrate other target territories through establishing media contacts, recommending new and emerging content channels and developing a more acute understanding of our international audiences.
- To effectively manage the International PR Executive and make best use of their skills to achieve our goals.
- To aid the development of the Club’s relationship with King Power International through facilitating regular e-meetings and, where necessary, international visits that might improve the media team’s working processes.
- To develop potential PR opportunities and campaigns in Thailand and in other target territories so that a tailored content plan can be developed for major club events and announcements.
We are looking for a candidate ideally with the following skills and qualifications:
- Fluency, spoken and written, in both English and Thai. Thai written copy should be up to professional publication standards.
- At least three years of experience as a media professional and an excellent understanding of both the UK and Thai media landscapes.
- An appreciation for Thai culture and an acute understanding of the country’s values.
- Excellent organisational skills and the agility to adapt to changing circumstances at short notice.
- Outstanding, creative and accurate Thai copywriting skills, particularly skilled in translation from English and proof-reading experience.
- A creative, open-minded approach to work.
- The ability to listen to others and to work well as part of a team.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Competence in IT, including the use of standard Microsoft Office programmes.
- An awareness and experience of social networking, including platforms used in the UK, Thailand, China and other territories around the world.
The ideal candidate will be flexible to work unsociable hours including home and away matches as well as attending to work on Club events. A full, clean, valid driving licence is essential.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to succeed in this role, please send your CV and salary expectations.
Closing Date: Wednesday 7th December 2016
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer.
Leicester City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Leicester City Football Club
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.