Full Job Description
Purpose of the job
Overseeing and managing of the TV sales process together with product development, TV account management and any other relevant activities to improve and monitor TV licensing of the RBAR World Championship during the year.
Creation, planning and execution of strategic sales and marketing plans to maintain and improve TV reach and licences income towards set business plan goals. Continuing partner liaison with existing and potential TV takers to improve quality and continuity of TV products.
Key Responsibilities, Tasks and Activities
- TV Account Management Development
- Building close liaison with the broadcasters and intensifying the exchange with other rights holders, learn on needs and performance
- Support to build long-term relationships with broadcast partners
- Monitor delivery of contracted rights: scheduling, audience data etc.
- Collect broadcaster feedback on a regular basis
- Organize marketing events at races for broadcasters
- Manage after sale activities & documents
- TV Sales
- Define TV sales strategy based on current performance and broadcaster feedback
- Exchange and collaboration with local Red Bull markets
- Liaise with Red Bull Media House on TV sales
- Provide additional TV information to RBAR on market landscape, background to deals, alternatives etc.
- Proactively provide RBAR information to Red Bull Media House and support on sales tools etc.
- Collaborate with RBAR TV production on product development
- Support RBAR Research department to provide TV related data, such as audience data and scheduling, as required
- Other TV relevant projects
- Provide input for other development projects e.g. sporting format, through research on other sports properties
- Support and coordinate with RBAR communication department on TV products, production and relevant TV matters
- Coordination of incoming information from broadcasters, RBMH and RBAR communications department
- Attendance of media relevant functions and conferences to improve TV product and monitor media developments and trends
- Regular feedback and reports to the Commercial Director and related other parties (e.g. RBAR CEO, RBMH) of findings / trends / takers etc.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Commercial education (University, FH degree)
- 5 to 7 years professional experience in the media environment (broadcaster, TV takers) or similar.
- Experience in the sports and event business (ideally internationally)
- Experience in strategic preparation and planning process
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Very good computer skills (MS Office)
- Coordinated and well-organized
- Good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Stress-resistant, flexible
- Positive, open-minded
- Travel readiness: 30%