Full Job Description
iLUKA, part of the CSM Sports & Entertainment group, is a specialised agency, developing and delivering coordinated strategic activations for sponsors and other stakeholders at global events. We are experts in executing cutting edge event hospitality experiences born from intelligent strategic direction. Our heritage is big events for big companies looking for strategic and measured solutions which focus on creating unforgettable experiences for stakeholders integral to sponsors success.
Our experience working with Sponsors, Organising Committees, International Sporting Federations, Governing Bodies and City stakeholders enables us to develop our clients sponsorship story to ensure that activations maximise the communication of their messages as well as guide global teams and their local markets through the unique complexities of delivering effectively at global events.
We look for people who are high energy, comfortable working potentially long hours in a demanding but rewarding and friendly environment. The successful candidate will be flexible, enthusiastic, confident and outgoing. You willing enjoy rolling your sleeves up and get involved. Key skills for all roles include being able to work in a calm, professional manner in a pressured environment and the ability to prioritise a demanding workload.
We are looking for an Account Manager based in Tokyo to start in Q2 of 2017, The contract will end in September 2020.
The Account Manager is responsible for the support in planning and delivery of the assigned sponsor programme or a component of a larger sponsor programme. The Account Manager will also Support the Business Development and Operations Teams in winning new Business and support in building the iLUKA Operation in Japan. If this sounds of interest, read the job description below, and we look forward to receiving your application.
- Support and lead, at times, in design and detailed planning of the program and strategies for delivery
- Work with the client to understand in detail the guests movements and ensure all information and operational planning documents are kept updated
- Update all itineraries, briefing documents and communications as and when changes occur
- Working with operations department plan and manage all program elements including Hotel, Ticketing, F&B, Transport, Premiums, Print and Production, Onsite offices, Accreditation.
- Progressing all program management team areas of responsibility until dedicated resources are on-boarded
- Develop guest experience in line with client aims and local market knowledge pre event, and actively manage the guest experience onsite
- Develop and manage project timelines
- Develop and manage relationships with venue managers and the Organising Committee
- Develop and manage relationships with suppliers
- Oversee all aspects of operational delivery
- Coordinate guest travel in partnership with a designated travel agency
- Budget management & reconciliation
- Work closely with the Business Development Team to drive and develop our business further in Japan and many global markets
- Developing Tokyo 2020 Olympic related business and setting the infrastructure in Tokyo
- Support in setting an office and entity of iLUKA in Japan
- Actively develop network within the sponsor community, hospitality and sports marketing
- Dig out leads for new business opportunities within our core markets
- Set up prospect meetings to develop network further
- Play an active role in winning new business for the agency
- Work within pitch team to pull together winning proposals for business
- Assist the Operations Director with pre-event planning and preparations in Japan
- Become thoroughly involved in all operational aspects of the hospitality programmes
- Pre-event planning and implementation (transport/F&B/venues/hotels/logistics etc.)
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the hospitality program sites and be familiar with all venues, locations, distances and routes
- As iLUKA’s representative in Japan, be able to forge strong relationships with suppliers to ensure they have a complete knowledge & understanding of our requirements and provide unparalleled levels of service
- Research, plan and produce detailed operations document
- Plan site trips and client meetings as required
- Management and Support of on-site operations
This is not an exhaustive list, and all team members will be expected to contribute to any other aspects of the program, as necessary.
The Skills and Experience you need:
- Bilingual in Japanese/English
- Proven experience in a hospitality program management role
- Ideally experience within the Olympic Games or a major event
- A strong understanding of operational planning and delivery
- Ability to prioritise a demanding workload
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and ability to build close working relationships
- Be methodical, accurate and have an exception eye for attention to detail and presentation
- Ability to work in a calm, professional manner especially during times of stress
- Ambitious & energetic with the ability to spread some magic
- Able to adapt and love the family culture of iLUKA
- Memorable and friendly, with cultural sensitivity
- Excellent at sales and developing business relationships
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven relevant experience within either the Olympic community or selling large scale, complex programmes to clients
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong time management skills with ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent client liaison skills
- Ability to delegate effectively and a willingness to lead by example
- Advanced computer & budgetary skills
- Proactive, positive approach to all tasks and a high degree of reliability