Financial Controller - Brighton
|Location||Brighton, East Sussex|
|Sector||Leisure & Health, Venues & Suppliers|
|Function||Finance & Procurement, Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
Position: Financial Controller
Location: Brighton Racecourse – Multi site travel will be required
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7
Closing Date: 18th December 2016
Brighton Racecourse is seeking a driven Financial Controller to join the Finance team. As the business continues to grow – you’ll grow with it. Not only is Brighton Racecourse a great company to work for – it’s a great time to get on board!
The Financial Controller is to work alongside the Executive Director and senior management of ARC, as well as the senior team at the racecourse to ensure the continued growth and secure financial health of the business. You will provide expert financial guidance and hold overall responsibility for the respective courses financial strategy to deliver the business objectives. This will include effective management of the courses capital budgets, debt and working capital position, IT and accounting systems and compliance with all legislative and audit requirements.
The successful candidate will be a qualified member of an accountancy body or hold an equivalent qualification, as well as possess significant post-graduation experience.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes;
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- Must hold a full driving license, with the ability to travel across multiple sites.
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduation experience
- Racecourse, sport or Hospitality background an advantage
- Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful, influential leader and experience of leading both strategic and operational teams.
- Strong IT, analytic and modelling skills
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making.
- Customer service focused (internal and external).
- Organised, systematic and process driven.
- Flexible approach towards working patterns and the ability to work to meet the needs of the business.
- Energetic, highly motivated and an enquiring mind with a passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
In return we will offer you;
- A competitive salary (based on a 40 hour week, 5 days out of 7)
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.
Arena Racing Company
Arena Racing Company (“ARC”) is the largest racecourse operator in the UK with its racecourses hosting racing on over 300 days a year.