Business Development Manager (m/f) Sub-Saharan Africa
|Function||Business Development & Sales|
As Business Development Manager (m/f) you will represent Amer Sports brands and categories in Sub-Saharan Africa with primary focus on the Republic of South Africa. Understanding the local markets and third party management processes in the region, you will drive the achievement of brand/category and channel sales targets.
- Owning and developing the top and bottom line business in single countries.
- Conducting in-depth market mapping and planning in the region.
- Assessing existing and potential new partners.
- Implementing and enforcing world class partner management.
- Defining mid- and long-term growth strategies with third parties.
- Directly managing and leading the distributor and key accounts towards a commonly agreed growth target.
- Negotiating and closing new contracts with distributors.
- Ensuring the implementation of the brands’ vision and strategy.
- Collaborating pro-actively with global and regional brand organisations to provide feedback on consumer and general markets developments.
- Developing the yearly/three years’ roadmap for the countries with objectives, goals, strategy and measures.
- Responsibility for achieving the market target sales and profitability in the market.
- Identifying key product opportunities for the region and recommending the best route to the market.
- Increasing distribution and market shares.
- Retail planning (store and range).
- Supporting the demand planning in collaboration with Category Manager.
- University degree in business and/or marketing
- Minimum 5 years successful sales/marketing experience in an international environment (working with several countries) within sports industry and working with/managing distributors
- Experience in the market and retail channels in Sub-Saharan Africa, with special focus on South Africa
- Previous management experience in a matrix organisation, working with partners without direct line report
- Understanding contractual and legal concerns
- Excellent English skills required, knowledge of any other language beneficial
- Willingness to travel on regular basis
- Planning and organising
- Relating and networking
- Presenting and communicating information
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
What we can do for you:
- An interesting role in a challenging industry
- Career progression opportunities
- An opportunity for independent and self-reliant work
- A friendly and vibrant working environment in a dynamic and international team
When making the application please state your salary expectation related to this role.
Amer Sports (www.amersports.com) is a sporting goods company with internationally recognised brands including Salomon, Wilson, Atomic, Arc’teryx, Mavic, Suunto and Precor.