This job is no longer available
Full Job Description
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the West Ham United media department for a Multimedia Intern.
The ideal candidate will need to have an interest and understanding of football, be hardworking, reliable and professional at all times, have a creative, outgoing character with accomplished communication skills and be able to work anti-social hours to include weekends and evening as requested.
- Support on the creation and implementation of the Club’s video content strategy across all digital platforms to include the West Ham official website, YouTube channel and social media.
- Deliver original and creative video ideas for the Club’s digital outlets to cover football, marketing and CSR work
- Film, edit and produce said content to be used across the Club’s digital platforms and social channels.
- Attend first team and U21 matches as directed to gather content before, after, and sometimes during the game
- Assist with the expansion of the Club’s video archive
- Assist in any other tasks as instructed by the Head of Media Relations and Head of Digital Marketing
- To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
- To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Skills & Knowledge
- Advanced skills in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Good understanding of Adobe Photo Shop and After Effects
- Familiarity with different types of encoders and the correct use of them
- Developed knowledge and experience of all digital media, including high proficiency in social media
- Advanced video editing skills including a clear understanding of audio and colour correction
- Competent camera operating skills including lighting and sound as well as multi-camera operation
- Knowledge of HDV and XDCAM-format cameras
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with the being Disability Confident Committed. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of childcare vouchers, interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter and show reel and returnby 30th November 2016. We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible as we reserve the right to close the advert earlier than advertised.