Full Job Description
Role: Senior Manager, Catering, Cleaning & Waste
Reporting To: Head of Catering, Cleaning & Waste
The Asian Indoor & Martial Arts Games (AIMAG) is a new multi-sport event, formed from the merger of the Asian Indoor Games and the Asian Martial Arts Games. Participants include athletes representing countries from Asia. The Games will take place in September 2017, with 62 NOC's participating across 21 sports.
Trivandi Chanzo Ltd (TCL) have been appointed as the operator for games planning and delivery for Ashgabat 2017. Individuals will be employed by TCL – global leaders in operational delivery for Sports and Major events.
Manage the planning, implementation and knowledge transfer for CCW for the Ashgabat 2017 Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games, working as part of the Executive Committee.
- Develop and implement operational plans for a major workstream within the CCW function
- Recruit, lead and develop any direct reports at Manager/Staff and Volunteer levels
- Work closely with other internal functions and external stakeholders on the development and delivery of integrated plans
- Typically responsible for small team of paid staff
- Typically responsible for a budget in $100k+
- Manage operational risk and issues within the workstream
- Support in the development of local staff and the delivery of the Games academy
- Responsible for the implementation of the contractor/workforce meal ordering process
Knowledge, experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 major multi-sport project, preferably 2, within the CCW function
- Graduate with 8+ years post-qualification experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Strong training background
- Ability to contract manage third party contractors
- Experienced in liaising with state run departments
- Good understanding/level of excel
- Methodical and commercially astute
Please note, this is a fixed term employment contract running until end of September 2017.