This job is no longer available
Full Job Description
Overview of organisation:
Major Events International are looking for a talented individual with an interest in the business of sport to join our team and help grow the business.
We are a membership body and business consultancy working with companies in the business of major sporting events such as the Olympics, World Cup and Commonwealth Games. We help them get better connected and better informed in this market.
We host routine sector and country specific seminars and trade missions to service our clients. This includes our Major Events Summit in October which is our annual flagship event where we bring all the key players in the market together to knowledge share and network.
Opportunity for somebody with no less than 4 years’ experience in commercial roles stemming from a previous sales orientated and or client engagement and communication background with a proven track record of success. Some event planning and delivery is desirable but not essential. References will be taken.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- To build a pipeline of opportunities for MEI Membership, international visits and event attendance to ensure that all revenue targets are exceeded.
- Take responsible for monthly tracking of Member interaction and drive high rates of renewals.
- To contribute to the communication and promotion of all MEI and partner activities.
- Securing meetings, for the wider MEI consultancy model.
- Contribute to the marketing input produced by the rest of the team to ensure a high market profile.
- Support the planning and delivery of MEI events and overseas missions.
- Attend trade shows and networking events
- Produce written proposals in support of any enquiry and pre and post meetings
- Directly to CEO MEI
Critical Success Factors:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sales ability – telephone, face to face and follow up proposals
- Highly organised and forward planning skills
- Interpersonal skills must allow good interface with senior clients
- Energy and commitment with the ability to drive and interpret the key tasks above with minimum supervision and prompting
- Clear path of improvement in performance and finances for by all numerical analysis (membership recruitment, renewals, event attendance, sponsorship/VIK and attendance numbers and partnerships leading to more sales or wider PR benefits)
- Accuracy of recording prospects and tracking follow up to meet financial targets. Accurate use of the Xero accounting system and follow up of payments
- High market profile through partnerships, quality of marketing and communication material
Place of Employment
- Central London
- Occasional visits to client offices and external events
- Some international travel may be necessary from time to time
Ways of Working
- This is a standard office hours’ role, less attendance at networking events which will require occasional evening attendance or meeting demanding deadlines
- In the event of attending non London events (to include international conferences), extended absence from the office could be in the region of 7 days
Remuneration and employment terms:
- Base Salary plus opportunities for commission above cost recovery
- Commission to be paid on agreed monthly revenue targets
- Pre agreed expenses to be confirmed in writing and paid monthly
- Pro-rated holiday entitlement
Please apply with your CV and covering letter attached.