Event and Membership Sales Manager
Opportunity for somebody with no less than 4 years’ experience in commercial roles stemming from a previous sales orientated and or client engagement and communication background with a proven track record of success.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- To ensure that all events run by MEI exceed attendance and revenue targets.
- Grow the MEI Membership community and deliver high customer retention rates.
- Support the planning and communication of all MEI activities
- Securing meetings, for the wider MEI consultancy model.
- Seek new partnership and revenue share opportunities.
- Produce written proposals in support of any enquiry and pre and post meetings
- Support to Expo/Conference and Event planning and organisation, including financial costing.
Directly to CEO MEI
Critical Success Factors:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sales ability – telephone, face to face and follow up proposals
- Highly organised and forward planning skills
- Interpersonal skills must allow good interface with senior clients
- Energy and commitment with the ability to drive and interpret the key tasks above with minimum supervision and prompting
- Clear path of improvement in performance and finances for by all numerical analysis (membership recruitment, renewals, event attendance, sponsorship/VIK and attendance numbers and partnerships leading to more sales or wider PR benefits)
- Accuracy of recording prospects and tracking follow up to meet financial targets. Accurate use of the Xero accounting system and follow up of payments
- High market profile through partnerships, quality of marketing and communication material
Place of Employment
- Central London
- Occasional visits to client offices and external events
- Some international travel may be necessary from time to time
Ways of Working
- This is a standard office hours’ role, less attendance at networking events which will require occasional evening attendance or meeting demanding deadlines
- In the event of attending non London events (to include international conferences), extended absence from the office could be in the region of 7 days
Remuneration and employment terms:
- Base Salary plus opportunities for commission above cost recovery
- Commission to be paid on agreed monthly revenue targets
- Pre agreed expenses to be confirmed in writing and paid monthly
- Pro-rated holiday entitlement