Key Accounts Manager
Overview of organisation:
Major Events International are looking for a talented individual with an interest in the business of sport to join our team and help grow the business.
We are a membership body and business consultancy working with companies in the business of major sporting events such as the Olympics, World Cup and Commonwealth Games. We help them get better connected and better informed in this market.
We host routine sector and country specific seminars and trade missions to service our clients. This includes our Major Events Summit in October which is our annual flagship event where we bring all the key players in the market together to knowledge share and network.
Opportunity for somebody with no less than 4 years experience in a business development, sales or partnership background with a proven track record in planning, proposal writing and multi-tasking.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To support CEO MEI in high levels of client satisfaction and business growth. This involves working closely with key clients, arrange meetings and follow up post meetings and seeking to grow new accounts. The role also involves working closely with, and mentoring, other members of the team to ensure a coherent approach to sales, planning of MEI and partner events, communication and marketing supports business objectives. Specifically:
- Day to day management of key accounts for long term relationships.
- Management of the key prospects and ensure meetings and follow-up are delivered
- Proposal writing to service new requests for support
- Phone and e mail communication with key contacts
- The close supervision and management of all sales activities
- Ensuring all routine MEI events are well planned beyond 12 months and executed efficiently with minimum disruption to the business
- Leadership of the overarching plan for the annual summit in UK and Asia
- Manpower planning for all external commitments
- Relationships with MEI Partners is regular and rigorous
- Directly to CEO MEI
Key Applicant Requirements:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Confidence to brief up to mid-sized audiences
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Able to multi-task
- Strong commercial orientation
- Business and event planning with little supervision
- Meet pre-agreed monthly revenue and key output targets
- Exceed key account clients and partner expectations
- Rigorous planning skills and supervision of execution
- Understand how to achieve a high market profile through partnerships, quality of marketing and communication material
Place of Employment
- Central London
- Occasional visits to client offices and external events
Ways of Working
- This is a standard office hours’ role, less attendance at events, meeting deadlines which will require occasional extended hours
- Some international travel will be necessary for maximum 10 days
Remuneration and employment terms:
- Base Salary plus opportunities for commission beyond cost recovery
- Pre agreed expenses to be confirmed in writing and paid monthly
- Pro-rated holiday entitlement
Please apply with your CV and covering letter attached.