This job is no longer available
Full Job Description
iLUKA, part of the CSM Sports & Entertainment group, is a specialised agency, developing and delivering coordinated strategic activations for sponsors and other stakeholders at global events.
We are experts in executing cutting edge event hospitality experiences born from intelligent strategic direction. Our heritage is big events for big companies looking for strategic and measured solutions which focus on creating unforgettable experiences for stakeholders integral to sponsors success.
Our experience working with Sponsors, Organising Committees, International Sporting Federations, Governing Bodies and City stakeholders enables us to develop our clients sponsorship story to ensure that activations maximise the communication of their messages as well as guide global teams and their local markets through the unique complexities of delivering effectively at global events.
We look for people who are high energy, comfortable working potentially long hours in a demanding but rewarding and friendly environment. The successful candidate will be flexible, enthusiastic, confident and outgoing. You willing enjoy rolling your sleeves up and get involved. Key skills for all roles include being able to work in a calm, professional manner in a pressured environment and the ability to prioritise a demanding workload.
If this sounds of interest, read the job description below, and we look forward to receiving your application.
In 2017 we are looking for an experienced Event Project Manager who is fluent in English & Korean for the Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Games, This role will be based in Korea. If this sounds of interest, read the job description below, and we look forward to receiving your application.
Summary of Role
In close consultation with the Project Director, the Project Manager is responsible for the day to day planning and delivery of this Olympic project. iLUKA has been appointed by our client to design , fit-out and operate their Hospitality during the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Games.
Reporting to the Project Director, though at times may take direction from the Managing Director iLUKA and works collaboratively with the functional department heads as well as other team members to ensure the timely completion and delivery of the project.
- Support and, at times, lead the detailed planning of the project and strategies for the delivery
- Budget management and reconciliation
- Plan and attend site trips and client meetings which, at times, may be at short notice
- Working with the iLUKA operations department, plan and manage all elements of the operational delivery of the project
- Plan and manage the on-site operations through bump in, Games time and bump out establishing effective operational and communication systems
- Effectively manage changes to the project throughout planning and on site phases
- Develop and manage project timeline and internal reports
- Provide written contact reports/meeting minutes for client and internal communications and advise client on deadlines in timely manner
- Produce client reports where requested
- Ensure accurate reporting, filing and updating of iLUKA systems
- Develop and manage relationships with the OCOG (Pyeongchang) in consultation with the Project Director
- Develop and manage relationships with suppliers
- Provide support to client in consultation with the Project Director and coordinate where requested any pre-Games site trips
- At times there will be a need to work across different time zones – Korea, Europe and Australia
- Manage guest communication requirements as directed by the client and in consultation with the Project Director (e.g. production of invitations and communication to VIP invited guests)
- Onsite management and support of iLUKA project team (e.g. caterer (if applicable), hospitality hosts, specials events team)
- Establish specific staff training needs for project including for the client team working at the venue
- Develop training / operational manuals to ensure team has thorough knowledge of all procedures
- Lead by example to ensure all project team delivers outstanding customer service
- Ensure team awareness of all staff welfare and housekeeping requirements
- Manage post event reconciliation and post Games reporting
This is not an exhaustive list, and all team members will be expected to contribute to any other aspects of the program, as necessary.
- Bilingual in Korean/English. French an advantage but not essential
- Proven experience in hospitality project management role
- Advanced computer and budgetary skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong time management skills with ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent client liaison skills
- Proactive, positive approach to all tasks and a high degree of reliability including understanding the need for strict confidentiality where required
- High energy, comfortable working potentially long hours at times in a demanding but rewarding and friendly environment
- Flexible, enthusiastic, confident, outgoing, well organised
- Willing to roll sleeves up and get involved