|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Events & Operations|
Swiss/EU Citizen | 21+ years old | Fluent English & French | University/School Sponsored
30 November 2016
Our Outdoor Events are a growing portfolio and include market leading cycling and running events. The Haute Route conceived in 2010, offers amateur riders the highest and toughest cyclosportives across the most iconic cols in the world (Dolomites and Swiss Alps, Pyrenees and Alps), with additional compact events. The iconic Geneva Marathon for Unicef is one of the fastest growing marathons in Europe and is our flagship marathon event.
Reporting to the Volunteers Manager, the Volunteers Assistant will work across all aspects of the Volunteer Programme. (Harmony Genève Marathon for Unicef, Cycling for Children by Unicef, Triathlon International de Genève) This role holds a good degree of responsibility and you will be expected to carry out your work thoughtfully and proactively. The role includes, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Support the Volunteers Manager in all aspects of delivering and developing the Volunteer Programme
- Assist in the recruitment of volunteers, and the registration platform administration and management
- Assist in the resource planning/scheduling of volunteers
- Liaison with athletic, social and volunteer associations in Geneva
- Volunteer liaison/client service including gathering feedback from volunteers post-events
- Assist with Volunteer communications/marketing via social media, Volunteer Guide, poster etc
- Welcome volunteers during our events and assist in the organisation of a thank-you dinner for the volunteers
- Support event logistics
- Support the team in the preparation and delivery of the promotional tours
- Assist with the purchasing and stock control of equipment for volunteers
- Help update and improve key processes (Google Drive / DataBase entry / Excel and other tools)
- EU or Swiss national
- MUST be sponsored by their University or School and have an agreement such as a “Convention de stage” that will cover the duration of this internship opportunity
- Due to the nature of the role candidates must be at least 21 years old
- Fluent in French and English is essential and ideally in German
- Able to work on-site at events throughout the contract
- Volunteer experience is desirable
- Knowledge of volunteer sector in Geneva is an advantage
- An interest in outdoor sports, especially running
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Self-starter able to use initiative and work effectively as part of a team
- Good communicator and open to learning and trying new things
- Determined and resourceful and able to work and remain calm under pressure
- Dedicated, flexible and enthusiastic approach
- Good writing skills in French and English
- Strong Excel, Word and database skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs is essential, and Mac operator beneficial, but not required
- Driving license is an advantage
- 01 January 2017 - 28 July 2017
- "Convention de stage" or formal agreement through your educational provider is MANDATORY
- You will be given a monthly allowance of 800 CHF (gross - before any deductions are taken for state and federal taxes, insurance etc)
- 10 vacation days for a 6-month internship
- For internships of 3 months or more we will reimburse the full cost of a CFF card. The card entitles you to a 50% discount on train tickets (to qualify for a CFFcard you must be living in Switzerland)
- Office hours are between 9.00am and 6.00pm, but during the events or busy periods, you may be expected to work evenings and weekends
- Travel, accommodation and subsistence are covered for approved business travel, in line with current company policies
How to Apply
Your application MUST be in English, include a CV/resume, detail which intern role you are applying for, confirm your nationality/work permit status and tell us a little bit about you:
- What’s the bravest thing you have ever done?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- What sports do you enjoy and/or clubs you are involved in?
Make sure you answer each of the questions shown above, either in writing or in a video, then simply email your application.
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports ranging from running, cycling, to more extreme sports including adventure racing and trail running.