World Rugby Research and Equipment Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Strategy & Research, Planning & Strategy|
World Rugby is the world governing and law-making body for the sport of Rugby Union based in Dublin. In addition to its governance functions World Rugby organises a number of international tournaments and events including the Rugby World Cup, Women’s Rugby World Cup and the annual HSBC Rugby Sevens World Series and Women’s Sevens World Series Competitions.
World Rugby wishes to appoint a Research and Equipment Manager, based in Dublin, reporting to the Head of Technical Services. The Research and Equipment Manager will manage and co-ordinate activities within the Technical Services Department relating to the Laws of the Game, equipment and research.
- Provides administrative support to the Head of Department.
- Maintains departmental budget information.
- Organises conferences related to departmental activities within budget.
- Liaises with Legal department to review contracts relating to Technical Services.
- Undertakes project management activities as required within the department including conference management.
- Liaises with the Legal Department and external contractors on contractual matters concerning Technical Services projects and resolves any issues.
- Manages the activities of Technical Services Research & Equipment Co-ordinator.
Laws of the Game
- Organises law meetings as required ensuring they remain within budget.
- Manages the Laws of the Game processes including:
- Law Review Group
- Law Amendments
- Law Clarifications
- Advises Member Unions on application of Regulation 11.
- Provides advice on Regulation 22 matters when required.
Equipment and Artificial Turf
- Manages relationship with preferred turf producers to ensure regular communications is maintained and marketing requests are fulfilled.
- Makes presentations in different environments on artificial turf and the One Turf concept.
- Manages artificial turf exhibitions.
- Liaises with Member Unions to ensure pitches in each jurisdiction are Regulation 22 compliant and advises on steps when non-compliant.
- Coordinates meetings for Preferred Turf Producers on a twice yearly basis.
- Writes press releases for artificial turf on twice yearly basis for Member Unions and the industry.
- Creates marketing brochures and flyers as per Preferred Turf Producer needs.
- Updates all PTP related information through FileMakerPro.
- Manage One Turf roll out to international federations and artificial turf industry.
Key Skills & Attributes
- High level of clerical accuracy and attention to detail.
- Organisational skills.
- Knowledge of the Regulations and Laws of the Game.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyse and collate data and information.
- Methodical in approach.
- Proactive and ability to identify and solve problems.
- In-depth knowledge of advanced techniques in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign software.
- Manages relationships with a wide range of commercial organisations, technical institutes, Unions and Regional Associations on technical matters.
- Manages Technical Services Research & Equipment Coordinator.
- Maintains a significant number of accurate records within the department.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the Law, global Law trials, Law making process and playing Regulations.
- Arranges meetings and conferences within agreed budgets.
- Utilises advanced techniques in Word, PowerPoint and Excel to produce presentations, spreadsheets and reports.
- Uses interpersonal skills in liaising with a wide variety of personnel who interact with the Technical Services Department.
- Maintains databases requiring a high degree of clerical accuracy.
- Demonstrates an understanding, and analysis, of technical documents.
- Negotiates with PTPs, manufacturers and other external organisations to ensure that World Rugby requirements are met.
Please forward cover letter and CV no later than close of business on 28th October 2016
World Rugby is the world governing and law-making body for the sport of Rugby Union based in Dublin.