We are currently recruiting for a Conference Producer for our London offices. SportsPro is a global leader in events and media publishing, connecting the international sports industry’s leading executives.
SportsPro Media, founded in 2008, providing high-level content on the commercial, political and organisational aspects of global professional sport, across a variety of media platforms. Its acclaimed magazine, available in print and digital, offers expert commentary and opinion, and is established as the industry leader for high-level profiles, features and in-depth interviews.
SportsPro’s website, www.sportspromedia.com is an unrivalled source of up-to-the-minute news, deals and insight, whilst its news app and daily deal service have become key media platforms our global audience base.
In 2014, SportsPro successfully launched its events business, now hosting over 1,000 senior level delegates annually across the portfolio, including its flagship conference, SportsPro Live. It’s events range in size from 20 to 600 attendees, and provide a platform of knowledge sharing and networking for industry leaders. Topics include sponsorship and marketing, finance and governance, broadcasting and digital, and much more.
- Conducting in-depth research on market trends, challenges and solutions via research calls to existing and new contacts
- Writing research reports and assisting with event and sales briefs
- Competitor analysis and overview
- Identifying and inviting key speakers
- Assisting with speaker engagement and management
- Liaising with press offices and partnership contacts at key organisations
VIP Strategy and Relationships
- Research calls with key individuals to identify their challenges and priorities
- Building and updating contact database
- Establishing relationships with key individuals to create advocacy for our events
- Managing VIP invitations and networking
- Finding and vetting contributors for website blog and newsletter
- Assisting with creating of web content and event marketing materials
The successful applicant will have:
- Interest in the sports sector and desire to actively engage with this audience
- University degree, ideally in a related subject or strong research focus
- Office experience and sound knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Positive work ethic, can-do attitude, and plenty of initiative and willingness to learn
- Excellent telephone etiquette and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team but also initiative to work on your own
- Ability to international travels and confidence in face-to-face networking
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary (depending on experience)
- Achievable event bonuses
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- Travel to attend the events
- Competitive and diverse sales culture including incentives, awards and recognition for over-achievers
About Henley Media Group
Sportspro is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.