Full Job Description
Major Events International are looking for a talented graduate with an interest in the business of sport to join our team supporting the delivery and planning of our events and initiatives.
We are a membership body and business consultancy working with companies in the business of major sporting events such as the Olympics, World Cup and Commonwealth Games. We help them get better connected and better informed in this market.
We host routine sector and country specific seminars and trade missions to service our clients. This includes our Major Events Summit in October which is our annual flagship event where we bring all the key players in the market together to knowledge share and network.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment within a small core team, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of event planning and marketing.
The internship will be for a period 6 weeks based in our Central London office, with potential to extend for the right candidate. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible but there will be continued opportunities throughout the year.
Travel and subsistence expenses covered. We are unable to provide support with accommodation for intern outside of London.
- Drafting communications for events
- Support with delegate recruitment for events
- Creation of draft content for social media and online publications
- Support with speaker engagement
- Support with engagement with key stakeholders for trade missions or events
- Management of event admin and data
- Supporting with drafting event and client presentations
- Research tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with knowledge of social media - Essential
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage a varied workload - Essential
- Ability to work flexibly & collaboratively in a team with enthusiasm and commitment - Essential
- Excellent attention to detail - Essential
- Experience of organising an event - Desirable
- Proven track record of being able to conduct thorough research - Essential
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel is required and knowledge of InDesign is highly desirable. - Essential
- Understanding of sports business market/membership organisation - Desirable
- Proficiency in one or more Foreign languages - Desirable
To apply please send through your CV and short covering letter.