Commercial Manager - Licensing
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Marketing & Communications, Brand Communications|
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of the role:
- To work with the Senior Commercial Manager in the development and management of the UK and International licensing business within the Commercial Function, managing the current contracts and driving new revenue into the business across all FA assets
- Support the growth of The FA’s retail offering with particular focus on growth for the Official England Online Store (www.englandstore.com)
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day UK and international licensing activities with The FA’s licensees and commercial agencies, including 1966 Entertainment, EA Sports and Majestic Athletic
- Manage Panini’s Partnership with The FA, including match day and non-match day activation, PR & on-going product development
- Manage and support the compilation of business plans, strategy documents and tender documents in key growth areas
- Manage the Official England Online Store setup, including working cross-functionally with marketing, PR, product development and financial analysis & projection to reach key growth figures
- Assist the Senior Commercial Acquisition Manager in the negotiation and conclusion of licensing agreements, taking sole responsibility in particular areas
- Assist the Commercial Team in the wider exploitation of The FA’s business development strategy to help identify and exploit new revenue opportunities for The FA
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for:
- Significant relevant licensing experience, with strong account management and negotiation skills
- Strong experience working with an e-commerce platform
- Strong experience and knowledge of the licensing and retail industry
- Experience of working cross-functional at all levels of management
- Experience in a commercial/marketing environment, preferably within the sports industry
- Excellent understanding of the sports sponsorship and licensing industry in general
- Experience of concluding deals independently
- Relevant degree/qualification
- International licensing business experience
- Knowledge of digital marketing is advantageous
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.