Full Job Description
FIBA Europe, the regional office of the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) in Europe, seeks to recruit a full time Competitions Co-ordinator for its Competitions Department in Munich, Germany.
The Competitions Co-ordinator will work within the Competitions department for all FIBA Europe competitions, mainly the club competitions (EuroLeague Women, EuroCup Women & FIBA Europe Cup) and the National Team competitions EuroBasket Women 2017 in Czech Republic, EuroBasket 2017 in Finland, Israel, Romania & Turkey and several European Youth Championships (U16, U18 and U20) across Europe.
He/she will be administering the competitions from the office, be in touch with clubs, national federations and local organising committees in the respective countries for preparation and then be the operational person for the department on site for the games/events.
He/she will also assist the department in various other activities.
Prospective candidates must:
- Be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends, as well as be willing to travel to games/tournaments/site visits.
- Be fluent in English in written and oral form. Working knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
- Have working experience/background in basketball preferably from a National Federation, league or club.
- Have an international outlook.
- Have good interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Have problem solving abilities.
Deadline for sending applications: November 1, 2016