IPC Athletics Competition and Classification Assistant
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations|
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Paralympic Summer and Winter Games, and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time Athletics Competition and Classification Assistant (f/m) in a multi-cultural team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting as soon as possible.
These will be your tasks and responsibilities:
- Entering results into databases and maintaining a results archive for IPC Athletics
- Maintaining ranking data, conducting quality control exercises and publishing IPC Athletics rankings lists
- Entering and verifying data of record and competition applications, collating support documents for record applications and preparing records for ratification
- Preparing statistical reports relating to results and ranking data
- Assisting in maintaining international sport calendars for IPC Athletics and the results management of Classification
- Preparing classification schedules for IPC Athletics competitions
- Maintaining the classification documentation centre for IPC Athletics
- Liaising with relevant IPC Departments and Committees on the operational management of results, rankings, records and statistical activities of IPC Athletics
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of reports for IPC Athletics
- Conducting day-to-day administrative activities and providing service support to IPC Athletics operations
You should be an energetic, open-minded individual with a passion to work in a global sports organisation.
Furthermore, you should meet these requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Sports administration or in an equivalent field
- Have working knowledge of Athletics on a national and international level
- Have understanding and experience with sport-related environment and administration (e.g. Organising Committees, NOC/NPC, Sport Federations, current or former athlete, sports management degree or similar)
- Be service and quality-minded and accurate work manner with attention to detail
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Be computer literate in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Be adaptable and able to work with deadlines and flexible hours
- Have good communication skills
- Have excellent English verbal and written skills (knowledge of other languages is an advantage)
- Have a proven ability to meet deadlines, to operate with limited supervision and to multitask in a fast changing environment
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, send your CV and cover letter in English by 25 October 2016. Please also state your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give a precise figure in Euro).
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply.
International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
As one of the largest sports organisations in the world, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the international umbrella organisation of sport for athletes with an impairment.