Commercial Assistant, Outdoor Events
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Marketing & Communications, Agency, PR & Communications, Brand Communications|
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events management company specializing in
professional sailing, running and cycling. It manages competitive an extensive portfolio of events as well as teams and athletes. With offices in France, Switzerland, the UK, OC Sport Switzerland forms part of the OC Sport Group.
This internship is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to gain great insight and knowledge in sponsorship and commercial areas of the Sports Marketing industry. The assistant will specifically focus on the Geneva Marathon and Geneva Triathlon.
- Reporting directly to the Outdoor Events Commercial Manager to support various activities, and develop your own skills, the role specifically includes, but is not restricted to, the following:
- Participate in commercial team meetings, both internal and external with OC Sport
- Support and assist the team in preparation of presentations, printing and ensuring proposals are convincing and professional
- Research on sponsorships / companies and others materials required to support the team
- Work on servicing for partners (on-site branding, promotion) with a particular focus on Marathon Village (exhibitors) and corporate clients
- Summary reports and analysis on commercial projects along with translations when required
- Updating key processes used by the team
- Answering phone, dealing with post and general office administration
- Attend some of OC Sport’s events to assist the Team
This list is not exhaustive and you will be required to manage any reasonable tasks as and when required.
- EU or Swiss National, or a relevant work permit
- A real passion for a career in commercial/marketing field evidenced in previous experience and interests
- Love of sport and outdoor events essential!
- Good knowledge of sports and the sports marketing industry especially in outdoor sports (cycling and running) will be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral
- Must have fluent English with fluent French desirable
- Ability to prospect by phone and to use initiative
- Ability to prepare business proposals or documents (quotations, contracts, order forms etc)
- Excellent organisational skills and self-motivated personality with the ability to work to tight deadlines, cope with event pressures, and manage their own time effectively
- Able to take instruction and work well within a small and hard-working team
- Good knowledge of computer software (Word, Excel, Keynote/Mac) etc
- Driving license would be desirable
- Ability and willingness to travel
- “Convention de stage” or formal agreement through your educational provider is mandatory
- You will be given a monthly allowance of 800 CHF
- 20 working days holiday for a 12 month internship, this holiday entitlement would be pro-rated according to the duration of the internship
- For internships of 3 months or more we will reimburse the full cost of a CFF card. The card entitles you to a 50% discount on train tickets (to qualify for a CFF card you must be living in Switzerland)
- General office hours are between 9.00am and 6.00pm, but during the events or busy periods, you may be expected to work evenings and weekends
- Travel, accommodation and subsistence are covered for approved business travel, in line with current company policies
How to Apply?
Your application MUST be in English and include a CV as well as a cover letter.
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports ranging from running, cycling, to more extreme sports including adventure racing and trail running.