Head of Commercial Partnerships
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Marketing & Communications|
Based at Twickenham Stadium, we have an exciting opportunity for a credible Head of Commercial Partnerships to lead the Commercial Partnerships team in the effective management and client servicing of all England Rugby partnerships.
The role holder will be responsible for creating and delivering against a long term strategy for each partner, overseeing contractual obligations and developing new and creative opportunities to optimise partnerships and create value for both parties.
The role holder will work closely with the Business Development team in recruiting new partners and renewing existing relationships, leading as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establishing a long term Commercial Partnerships strategy which delivers against the RFU’s Strategic and Business Plan.
- Developing a partnership approach that focuses on quality of experience and high value client servicing of each partner.
- Ensuring the needs of both partners and the RFU are met and that there is a robust understanding of the partner brands and businesses.
- Achieving and or surpassing agreed income targets and accountable for annual revenue and cost of sales budgets.
- Supporting the Business Development team on new business and renewal negotiations, leading where appropriate.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the relationship are effectively managed through the team, including establishing clear and agreed campaign plans and objectives against each of their core rights.
- A solid understanding of the contractual process including excellent attention to detail, experience in developing partner prospects and negotiation, as well as the ability to develop new business proposals.
- Assisting in the development of new revenue streams for the Commercial department from partners and through new ideas and propositions.
- Managing the commercial interface between the England players and management, the RPA and the RFU partners.
- Fostering the best possible relationships with partners, agencies and internal stakeholders.
- Being on duty at Twickenham event days to oversee partner rights and host and entertain clients.
Applicants to this role will have credible and relevant experience, preferably from a sponsorship or marketing background, either for a rights holder, brand or within an agency. The successful candidate will have substantial experience of successfully leading a team in the management of high level client accounts, including the negotiation of high profile sponsorship contracts and a comprehensive knowledge of sports marketing and rights management. Proficient event and people management experience is also essential.
We are looking for someone who has a demonstrable skill set across partner servicing, marketing, PR and event management, is commercially focused and capable of leading on large sponsorship deals. The role will require a strategic thinker and planner with the ability to draw a wide variety of elements into a common strategy and purpose. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and influencing skills and the ability to establish, maintain and invest time in a wide variety of internal and external relationships. Subsequently, an ability to prioritise and manage workload to ensure that there is an appropriate level of support for all partners is key.
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations.
The closing date for applications is 30th October 2016.
Rugby Football Union (RFU)
The Rugby Football Union is the national governing body for grassroots and elite rugby in England, with 1,900 autonomous rugby clubs in its membership.The clubs are grouped within 35 Constituent Bodies (CBs), comprised of counties - some individual,