This job is no longer available
Full Job Description
- Contracted full time position, with extensions based on performance review
- 40 hours per week
- $55,000AU gross salary with all pension (superannuation), tax, medical, to be the responsibility of the successful applicant + potential commission bonuses in relation to sponsorship obtained
- The position will be home-based (preferably within Oceania region), with some international travel required, and applicants should be willing to work as required rather than regular office hours
ITTF-Oceania is the governing body for the sport of Table Tennis within the
Oceania region, and is a continental federation affiliated to the International
Table Tennis Federation. ITTF-Oceania has 24 Member Associations, and is the sport with the largest membership within the Oceania region.
The Operations & Events Manager is a newly created position. ITTF-Oceania continues to develop the sport of table tennis following nearly two decades of strong grassroots development throughout the region, and is now placing further support within Operations & Events to further evolve this development work.
The successful applicant will be responsible to the ITTF-Oceania ManagementCommittee, through the ITTF-Oceania President.
We are looking for a self-motivated person with specialised skills as indicated in the job description, as well as being skilled in administration and event management. The applicant should have an ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently, and at times in isolation. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to converse with a broad cross section of people and cultures. A strong table tennis background in the specific areas is an advantage but not essential.
Successful applicants must have:
- experience, or studied, in Sports Management
- experience in preparing and managing budgets
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- strong organisational skills and attention to detail
Although not essential, a tertiary education in either Sports Management and/or Business is desirable.
ITTF - Oceania Operations & Event Manager
LOCATION: The position will be home-based, with some international travel
required, and applicants should be willing to work as required rather than
regular office hours.
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: The Operations & Events Manager will report to the ITTF-Oceania Management Committee, through the ITTF-Oceania President. The primary contacts in relation to day-to-day work will be the ITTF-Oceania Administration Officer and the ITTF-Oceania Development Coordinator.
- Strategic Planning
- Website Management
- Social Media Management (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Newsletter/Press Release
- Financial Management
- Main communication between ITTF and ITTF-Oceania
- Secretary to the Management Committee
- Prepare agendas and take minutes for all meetings
- Regulations and Policy Documents maintenance
Manager of ITTF-Oceania Major Events
- ITTF-Oceania Cup
- Qualification for World Cup
- ITTF-Oceania Championships
- ITTF-Oceania Junior Championships
- Qualification for WJTTC & WCC
- ITTF-Oceania Para Championships
- Qualification for WPTTC & Paralympic Games
- Liaising with ITTF Competition Department in regards to Major Events, and liaising with ITTF Marketing Department in regards to marketing, sponsorship and promotion of Major Events
- Developing opportunities for “ITTF-Oceania” sponsors, rather than event specific sponsors, therefore packaging all events into sponsorship deals
- Liaising with National Associations/NOCs to maximise participation at Major Events
- Liaison with Pacific Games Council
- Liaison with Organising Committee of Pacific Games & Pacific Mini Games
- Liaison with Micronesian Games Council
- Develop Templates
- Prospectus (online)
- Entry Form (online)
- Competition Document templates, score sheets, draws, etc.
- Liaising with local councils/governments for financial support
- Marketing/sponsorship packages for National Opens
- Management of Road to ITTF-Oceania Cup – Updating Ranking List, maintain results on website, links to promotion and media opportunities
- Assisting to establish National Opens in all Member Associations
- Management of Calendar of Events (ensuring there are not direct clashes between events, and looking to have at least 1 event in the region every month, ideally 2 events, to ensure a consistent flow of promotional opportunities for table tennis throughout the region
- Ongoing management and maintenance of Ranking/Rating System
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Although not a requirement, a tertiary education is an advantage, especially a Sports Management and/or Business Degree.
Relevant tertiary education and/or a minimum of three years experience within Sports Administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication (English), fluency in French is an advantage
- Provision of services as required to Member Associations
- Organisational skills, with ability to meet reporting deadlines
- Financial knowledge to prepare and manage budgets
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Intermediate to advanced Google Suite skills (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms)
- Intermediate knowledge of web editing
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Ongoing management and maintenance of ITTFOceania.com and Social Media platforms
- Financial Management, preparing monthly bank reconciliations and monthly actual vs budget reports
- Updating and managing ITTF-Oceania Regulations and Policy Documents
- Event reporting
- Major Events
- National Open Events
- Ensure professional communication is maintained with MemberAssociations at all times