Full Job Description
The role is to join the sports team within Performance Communications, an award-winning specialist sports and automotive agency based in Kingston upon Thames.
The agency’s recent sporting activity has included both leveraging the sponsorships undertaken by its automotive clients (e.g Citroën / Arsenal, Nissan / BOA & MCFC, Maserati / Cycling) and a mix of pure-play sports clients (e.g. Multipower Sportsfood, GAC Pindar, Triathlon Industry Association).
Current areas of active involvement include fitness, sports nutrition, football, rugby, cycling, sailing, Olympic sports and triathlon.
Performance Communications background
Based in Kingston-upon-Thames, with a satellite office in Dubai, Performance Communications was founded in 2002 and now has a team of 35.
As sport and automotive specialists, this team is passionate about its subject matter, and this passion is the driving force for a culture united by the hunger for knowledge and the pursuit of excellence.
We have an enviable record of attracting and retaining both clients and talent, which has provided a platform for great depths of understanding of our clients’ businesses and strong relationships.
Reporting line & team
The role will work alongside an existing AE and report directly to the AM and also to the team’s SAD. The SAD is responsible for the strategic and creative lead of accounts on a day-to-day basis.
- Proactive media contact – both on & off line
- Press release writing & creative editorial content development
- Social Media – input into content calendar development and ongoing community management
- Video / Photographic / Infographic content development
- Media event management
- Action all account housekeeping related matters including the weekly client reports, meeting agendas,minutes, contact reports and circulation, internal team coordination
- Ongoing monitoring of on and offline media for stories of interest relating to all accounts
- Write briefs for third party suppliers including photography, filming, events and branding
- Coordinate and manage suppliers to deliver plans on objective, message and budget
- Assist in creating market insights, including consumer, mediaand PR trends and competitor activity
- Coordinate the evaluation reports and liaise with agency suppliers to deliver accurate and informative reports across all work streams
- Act as solid and reliable support for senior team members
The role demands a strong understanding and experience of media requirements and what drives the sports news agenda both on and offline. First class communications skills, must be digitally fluent and strong interpersonal abilities are a must.
Drive and enthusiasm to meet client expectations and speed of delivery are all essential. The ability to provide solid and reliable support to senior team members through logical thinking and problem solving is also highly desirable.
Ideal candidates will be fascinated by the world of sport, and the sports industry as well as passionate about communications.
- Eye for a strong editorial angle
- Digitally fluent
- Ability to manage workload effectively and be responsible for a number of projects at any one time
- Strong written skills (and accurate spelling) with high attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the company.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- A team player with endless enthusiasm, a level-head, great sense of humour and a good academic background
- Fully computer literate in Microsoft packages
Competitive package offered commensurate with experience (AE or SAE)
- 25 days per year holiday
- Inclusion within Company’s private health insurance policy after 12 months’ service
- Contribution to monthly gym / sports club membership