Project Management Director
|Location||London, UK or Melbourne, AUS|
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Events & Operations, Strategy & Research, Planning & Strategy|
With over 25 years’ industry experience, Limelight Sports Group is a global participation sport agency and we work with major, innovative global brands such as Nike, J.P. Morgan, ESPN, Wiggle and Virgin Australia. Using our extensive knowledge of the positive impact of participation sport to engage brands’ target audiences, we create and deliver active experiences and campaigns.
With offices in UK: London, Australia: Melbourne and UAE: Dubai, we pride ourselves on having a team who are passionate about the active world and we believe in our principles of working as one team, taking ownership, understanding the world from our clients’ and participants’ perspective and striving to be better.
As part of our global recruitment we are looking for a Project Management Director, who shares the same values as us, to join our team and deliver against Limelight’s promise of guaranteed results for all our campaigns.
This is an international role that will require extensive travel including, but not limited to, the UK, Middle East and Australia and the preferred candidate will ideally be based from either our London or Melbourne offices.
As the Project Management Director you will report into the Client Services Director and be responsible for leading on the delivery phase of all our campaigns and ensuring they are delivered in an innovative, creative and efficient manner to meet and exceed the expectations of clients.
You will lead a team of Project Managers, inspiring them to ensure they deliver on the profitability of campaigns, exceed them on time, within budget and with maximum efficiency. You and your team are an integral link between the Client Services and the Campaign Delivery teams ensuring that the campaigns are planned, managed and evaluated against client targets and expectations.
As the Project Management Director you are also involved in the strategic planning of future campaigns, providing creative solutions for the delivery of organic growth campaigns and new business.
As the Project Management Director your primary responsibilities are:
- Setting the strategic direction for the Project Management function to ensure Limelight is delivering market leading campaigns
- Working with the Client Services and New Business Teams to provide project management solutions for existing, new and organic growth business
- Build, develop and encourage positive working relationships with Client Services and Campaign Delivery teams to ensure campaigns are run efficiently and productively
- Provide direction on the delivery phase of all campaigns ensuring each campaign meets / exceeds client expectation and objectives as agreed with the Client Services team
- Ownership of all project management processes and ensuring use across all campaigns
- Ensure companywide adherence to quality assurance standards (including ISO2012) to demonstrate market leading ability
- Educating both clients and staff on the latest trends, creating a culture of innovation and knowledge sharing
- Regular contribution to Limelight’s thought leadership position with the industry, white papers, speaking opportunities and networking
- Ensure profitability of all campaign budgets
- Analysing and evaluating the profitability of campaigns
- Leading and inspiring a global team of Project Managers to perform at the highest level
The ideal Project Management Director will be:
- Passionate about participation in sport, for themselves and others
- Able to deliver results (you consistently do what you say you’re going to do)
- Great at engaging teams and enthusing others to delivery to the highest possible standard
- Successful at creating working relationships with people at all levels
- A great communicator
- Highly organised
- A problem solver
- Able to demonstrate strategic thinking
- Able to create a collaborate working environment
- Calm under pressure and approachable at all times
It is also desirable that the ideal candidate has:
- At least 8 years’ career experience. This is a senior position that requires leadership in the area of expertise.
- Extensive experienced in the delivery of projects with a proven track record
- Prior experience of working with brands either in-house or at an Agency
- Extensive knowledge of agency life
- An understanding and experience of agile project management methodologies
To apply for this role please send a CV and cover email, outlining why you are the right person to join our team.
Limelight Sports is an equal opportunities employer.
Limelight Sports is an engagement agency. We create sports experiences and build communities, both real life and online. They are designed for all: to discover, experience and share.