Strategy and Insights Director
|Location||London, UK or Melbourne, AUS|
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Strategy & Research|
With over 25 years’ industry experience, Limelight Sports Group is a global participation sport agency and we work with major, innovative global brands such as Nike, J.P. Morgan, ESPN, Wiggle and Virgin Australia. Using our extensive knowledge of the positive impact of participation sport to engage brands’ target audiences, we create and deliver active experiences and campaigns.
With offices in UK: London, Australia: Melbourne and UAE: Dubai, we pride ourselves on having a team who are passionate about the active world and we believe in our principles of working as one team, taking ownership, understanding the world from our clients’ and participants’ perspective and striving to be better.
As our Global team expands we have an exciting opportunity for an inspirational and ideas led Strategy & Insights Director, who shares the same values as us, to join our Global team.
The Strategy & Insights Director will be responsible for building and developing global data & insights, campaign planning and strategic partnerships strategy. This strategy will enable a culture of insight led ideas with effective and measured results and will be based from either our London or Melbourne offices.
As Strategy & Insights Director you report into the Campaigns Director and have a deep understanding of an active world. You are ultimately responsible for all data, analytics, insights that lead to big ideas, partnerships and campaign planning. You are a visionary individual who always has insight into the latest trends and are always looking for ways to improve our offering to our clients.
Through your team and lasting strategic partnerships you ensure consistency of service for the Global delivery of our Campaign capabilities and ensure that we provide a service that is complementary, innovative, profitable and premium quality. You are relentlessly assessing, measuring and providing the benchmark for campaign planning and evaluation to ensure campaigns deliver or exceed agreed KPIs.
You are always looking to deliver value for money for our clients and the business as well as seek ways to deliver economies of scale. On a day to day basis you work collaboratively with the other functions including Project Management, Client Services, Resource Management and Campaign leads for Events, Marketing and Applied Technology in order to deliver high quality campaigns for our clients.
This role is varied and fast paced and will require an individual who can:
- Create and own the strategy for the Strategy & Insights service and create a structure and team to successfully deliver it.
- Use strategic thinking to go beyond facts and figures and can uncover insights at the heart of the active world
- Use quantitative and qualitative research and secondary research and cultural and brand thinking to produce clear, concise recommendations
- Use these recommendations and insights to create big ideas for our clients
- Create insight lead, creative plans for campaigns for existing clients and for NEW business development
- Use data, insight and experience to drive innovation and creativity with the clients’ KPIs at the heart
- In collaboration with the other Campaign Line Directors identify where strategic partnerships could help deliver the proposition globally
- Create lasting global strategic partnerships that drive commercial value for the business and deliver our global capability
- Educate both clients and staff on the latest industry insights relating to an active world, creating a culture of innovation and knowledge sharing
- Regularly contribute to Limelight’s thought leadership position with the industry, white papers, speaking opportunities and networking
- Ensure profitability of the Strategy & Insight function, including management of function’s profit and loss
- Lead and inspire a team globally to perform at the highest level
As the Strategy & Insights Director you will be:
- Passionate about participation in sport, for yourself and others
- Deliver results (you consistently do what you say you’re going to do)
- Create a safe-to-fail environment (confident employees try new things and can spur innovation)
- Knowledgeable in using quantitative and qualitative research and distilling secondary research and cultural and brand thinking into clear, concise recommendations
- A strong communicator with excellent presentation skills
- A problem solver
- A strategic thinker
- Able to create a collaborate environment
- Calm under pressure and approachable at all times
It is also highly desirable that the ideal candidate has:
- At least 8 years’ career experience. This is a senior position that requires leadership in the area of expertise.
- Excellent brand knowledge and awareness
- Prior experience of working with brands either in-house or at an Agency
- Exceptional management skills and the ability to manage multiple timelines, deadlines, actions in a collaborative fast-paced agency environment
To apply for this role please send a CV and cover email, outlining why you are the right person to join our team.
Limelight Sports is an equal opportunities employer.
Limelight Sports is an engagement agency. We create sports experiences and build communities, both real life and online. They are designed for all: to discover, experience and share.