This job is no longer available
Full Job Description
Summary: The General Manager will be responsible for the overall management and day-to-day operation of the Arena. Develop and execute the strategy to ensure the highest levels of service are provided throughout the Arena. The General Manager will report to both President of Sports Center and AEG China Vice President of Operations. The ideal candidate must possess the following criteria:
- Proven experience in managing an arena in an international market
- Experience with event creation, development and event management
- Keen business and leadership experience
- Extensive P&L responsibility
- Solid communicator
- Arrange, create and book events in accordance with the Arena booking policies
- Manage and direct all aspects of the Arena, including event development, security, crowd control, evacuation and emergency response plan, venue operations, energy conservation, box office, admission procedures, cleaning services, parking (if applicable), and general
- user services.
- Develop the annual event content plan, recommend investment by the Owner and AEG foruse of any content funds or provide detailed analysis and event execution plan for programming that the Owner and AEG can invest in as promotional partner.
- Establish and adjust prices, rates and rate schedules for Event user, license, and occupancy, and Event booking commitments.
- Provide standard form Event user/rental agreements for use at or with respect to the Arena.
- Direct the operation of Arena, including the equipment, major systems and future capital improvement plans as result of normal wear and tear.
- Direct and approve the hiring of all employees and outsourcing vendors in at the Arena and conduct retention and training programs.
- Maintain detailed, accurate and complete financial and other records of all its activities.
- Submit to the shareholders in a timely manner weekly, monthly, annual financial and content development reports detailing the Arena General Manager’s activities.
- Prepare a proposed annual Operating Budget and submit such proposed budget to the partners.
- Assist the shareholders (or any other third party, as applicable) to secure, all licenses and permits necessary for the operation and use of the Arena.
- Ensure all agreements made regarding the Arena are contracted fully and in accordance with the Arena’s legal terms and established policies.
- Coordinate with AEG China in the selling of naming rights, founding partnerships, pouring rights, advertising, sponsorships, the branding of food and beverage, Internet, website, and premium seating (including, without limitation, suite and club seats), and merchandise
- sales, at the Arena.
- Maintaining the highest possible standards of safety with adherence to international guidelines and local laws.
- Coordinate activities within the Arena to ensure all events are safely successfully staged.
- Oversee the delivery of the P&L forecasts for all Arena events.
- Provide and promote the highest level of customer service.
- Continuously seek ways to improve the Arena business performance.
- Relevant experience of managing an international arenas and/or stadiums.
- Previous experience of opening a large venue (arena or stadium).
- Aggressive leader with excellent people management skills and a commitment to delivering the highest standards of service.
- Effective communication at all levels.
- Sound budgetary (P&L) knowledge.
- Relevant experience of managing contractors and outside agents.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all areas of facility management, with an ability to push the business forward without compromising service standards.
- Team player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment.
- Mandarin fluency and experience in Asia preferred but not required.
Please attach a Mandarin test certificate if you have one.