Full Job Description
Futures Sport + Entertainment is a leading research and consulting agency in the sports and entertainment business. We are part of the Interpublic Group, one of the world’s premier advertising and marketing services companies.
We work with a blue-chip client base of federations, teams and sponsors to provide independent strategic advice on the value of investments in sport and sponsorship. We have an excellent reputation in the sports industry with client referrals generating the majority of our new business. We also leverage the wider Interpublic network to access a diverse portfolio of multinational brand clients.
Our aim is to continuously find better ways of measuring the sports business and deliver unique insight to our clients. We are technology and data driven, and have developed unique measurement tools and techniques to provide clients with robust analyses. Our culture is one of continuous improvement, constantly looking for ways to improve the quality of data in sport.
We have achieved 40% year-on-year revenue growth in each of the last five years, fueling the opening of international offices in the US, Continental Europe and Australia. Continued expansion has created an opportunity for a Sales and Marketing Manager to play a meaningful role in growing our European presence, interfacing directly with Futures’ leadership.
The ideal candidate will be a marketing and sales professional with a business mind and a passion for sports and entertainment. They will have experience working either in media research and analytics, market research, management consulting or sports sponsorships.
- 2+ years’ of relevant market research, media analysis or consulting services experience, specifically in developing sales to the customer
- Higher education or professional degree or equivalent degree in a relevant field of study (business administration/economics, economics or sports economics, general management or other relevant fields of study)
- Excellent communication skills, including advanced presentation software skills
- Track record of working directly with vendors, clients, or other third parties and overseeing day-to-day communications
- Comfort taking initiative and leading individual work streams independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment internationally
- Responsible for implementing and optimizing our sales strategy for the UK and other European markets
- Point of contact for target clients, new customers and media representatives nationally and internationally
- Appearances as a representative of the company at industry events such as trade fairs and congresses in the UK and abroad
- Planning, execution and follow-up of customer and new customer meetings
- Maintaining a sales-oriented CRM system
- Working close with internal managers and the wider network
Interested? Then send a CV, Cover Letter and answer the following questions;
- Why Futures?
- What are your relevant skills and interests?
- Why should we choose you and not someone else?
- What are your salary expectations and when can you start?